Cable Calculation Spreadsheet/Software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomsw18

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone is using as their preferred methods for cable calcs? Are you using Trimble MEP (previously Amtech) or an Excel template? 

If anyone has any spreadsheets that they're willing to share then even better.

Thanks

Thanks - the price seems to be in the same area as Trimble MEP. Any reasons why you went for this product and how long have you been using it for?

Proactive support.  Very often via chat in miinutes, not in days that a friend of mine waits for Trimble support.

Hunger to innovate.

Continuous development of the product.

It shares data with EasyCert.

Intuitive to use.

Easy to use, taught myself the rudimentary bits in less than half a day.

One licence multiple computers, you can set the software to release your licence when you shut it down, so you can work on a design on your workstation at the office, release the licence, go to a client site, and make some mods with them on your laptop by assigning the licence when you start up the software, then when you shut your laptop down that can release the licence for you to finish on your desktop computer at your home office.

Yes all of this means you need a cloud drive to store your design, and an internet connection to manipulate the licence, but this isn’t uch of a compromise when you consider that to do the same with Amtech, I am told would need 3 licences.  Or at least it used to.

Been using it for over 3 years.
How to videos on YouTube and their website.

I am told by others who have used both, that it is easier to use than Amtech.

There are a few features it doesn’t have that Amech does I am told, but no show stoppers for me so far.