Strange but true .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My regular printing customer had a builder in to  install a floor to ceiling  partition  to an area .     They had their own electricians so I wasn't involved until afterwards.  

The works manager asked them to ...." Install  nine  twin  13A sockets in the new area "    With a sweep of his arm to indicate the whole area .  

He hadn't noticed,  being a busy man,   until after they'd  gone  what they had actually done .    See  line of sockets behind machine . 

Hence me dusting down the  old conduit bender and  spacing them out around the area .    

Image001 (2).jpg

If ever this was a demonstration of why you need "clear instructions"

I told you of the loft conversion with a "boiler" shown on the architects plan............

My regular printing customer had a builder in to  install a floor to ceiling  partition  to an area .     They had their own electricians so I wasn't involved until afterwards.  

The works manager asked them to ...." Install  nine  twin  13A sockets in the new area "    With a sweep of his arm to indicate the whole area .  

He hadn't noticed,  being a busy man,   until after they'd  gone  what they had actually done .    See  line of sockets behind machine . 

Hence me dusting down the  old conduit bender and  spacing them out around the area .    

View attachment 11046

That photo is clearly Fake-News.....

as we cannot see any sign of your wooden stepladders mentioned on another recent post..?

So I don't believe any of this is you at work! 

:shakehead

If ever this was a demonstration of why you need "clear instructions"

Absolutely, as noz said, what was installed matched what was asked for, even if it wasnt what was wanted. A sensible client would have been a bit more specific, a sensible spark would have asked to walk around with the client and marked a pencil cross on the wall at the desired locations, but I'm guessing it was probably a young lad who was either put under pressure to get other jobs done or fancied an early finish....

Or an innocent misinterpretation. Perhaps the "sweep of hand" was thought to indicate along that wall.  It's not unusual to have lots of closely grouped sockets where there is IT gear.

So I don't believe any of this is you at work! 
Please note  anti theft sign writing on bender .   :)

I think he said  the sparks were originally  from Eastern Europe .       But comments above not far wrong TBH   a combination of a very busy Works Manager  ,  knew what he meant but it didn't translate too well .  

Never mind , I got the job of altering it all .