Skope Inset RF signals

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerdurden83

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've purchased a Skope Inset electrical fireplace. Now I'd like to control it via voice commands, and to do so I purchased a Broadlink RM4 Pro. I've cloned the RF remote signals, but for some reason the OFF command works, but the ON command doesn't. What can be the cause of this odd behavior?

Thank you very much,

Roberto

I'm sure it's off because it has "lights in the shape of flames" when it's turned on, regardless if you also turn on the heating....

Some things seem to work but it's weird, with the app I can press a button to turn it on but straigth to another color, something that I'm not even sure how it got copied from the remote as there is no button to do that...

How so, the original remote works just fine. It's the app commands that are weird:

on -> doesn't do anything

off -> turns it off properly

menu -> turns it on and displays a different lights color than it was previously set to

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

It appears to me that the app version of the codes is not a faithful copy from the original remote.  I don't know what the copying process is, but it appears to have introduced errors .

The copying process is pretty much like the IR one, I place the broadlink in copy mode and press a button on the original remote. The broadlink intercepts it and saves it, but it doesn't do anything when pressed (the ON one at least).

I've tried to unlearn and re-learn the buttons, but now nothing happens, neither on nor off work. Is this supposed to be random?