Storage heater keeps tripping

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooty67

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me why a relatively new storage heater would keep tripping the overheat button. It gets reset and works anywhere from one night to two weeks then trips again.

They are under warranty, I bought them from Elnur but the technical department are absolutely lettuced. I ring them 3 to 4 times a week and I feel like I'm being fobbed off. There latest response is it's with the relative department. I have cancer and I really could do without the stress, but the lounge is so cold I've got to get this fixed. Its definitely not been covered by anything. 

It's set on 21 degrees I've not touched it.

I'll try turning it down and see what happens 

It's set on 21 degrees I've not touched it.

I'll try turning it down and see what happens 
That is obviously a room temperature, so is to control the heat output.  All that will do is make you put a warmer jumper on.

Is there any other control, to reduce the heat INPUT, i.e. reduce the maximum temperature to which the core can be heated? 

It would be the setting, or possible failure, of this latter control which would cause the over-temperature trip to operate. 

Just wondering ...if the overheat  trips  are  anything like the ones fitted in  immersion heaters  ....some of them are a right pain in the ass  for nuisance tripping  .

I had one where the cylinder was normally heated by the central heating coil  ,  Immersion for back up ,   but the temperature of the central heating was tripping the overheat trip .