RIP Tony

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Dear friends today was the day of Tony,s funeral in Nottingham, it was a simple service attended by his son Carl, several other family members and a few close friends.

I passed on all your messages of condolence and told Carl how well thought of Tony was amongst his peers. He has asked me to express to you all his thanks and appreciation for your kind words.

Many thanks lads, I know it meant a lot to Carl to see how many friends Tony had and the esteem in which he was held. Lets drink a toast to our old pal Tony, a real gent by anyones standards.

Thank you Phil for all your kind words. 

It has been utterly heartbreaking for me to lose him. He was so much more than just an incredibly knowledgeable man. 

We had 26 amazing years together and I will never forget all the fun, and at times naughty, experiences we had together. 

I know this forum was very important to him and it has made me so proud to read all the kind messages from people for him.

It was a truly touching moment when you recognised me at the funeral. I know he liked and respected you an awful lot. I'm sorry I didn't speak to you properly. Speaking at all was near on impossible.

He was a grumpy old ****** but definitely one of the best people to have had the privilege and honour to share my life with.

Pink Minx 

Xxx 

Thank you Phil for all your kind words. 

It has been utterly heartbreaking for me to lose him. He was so much more than just an incredibly knowledgeable man. 

We had 26 amazing years together and I will never forget all the fun, and at times naughty, experiences we had together. 

I know this forum was very important to him and it has made me so proud to read all the kind messages from people for him.

It was a truly touching moment when you recognised me at the funeral. I know he liked and respected you an awful lot. I'm sorry I didn't speak to you properly. Speaking at all was near on impossible.

He was a grumpy old ****** but definitely one of the best people to have had the privilege and honour to share my life with.

Pink Minx 

Xxx 
I know, that's why I left when I did, I hope people didn't think bad of me for getting off early but it was so hard to realise that the end had really arrived, I knew he'd gone, but I suppose it was the same for you too, it only became real when we were looking at the coffin, I'm not ashamed to say I was fighting back the tears, I've never had a mate like him, he was a star, I'll pm you my number in case you want to chat.

Take care, Phil

@Pink Minx, I don’t quite know what to say to you.

Obviously my condolences to yourself, Carl and the rest of Tony’s family and friends.

I am gutted I never got to meet him.

He was certainly an extremely knowledgeable person who was so willing to pass on that knowledge it was humbling.

He will be sorely missed on here he was a valued contributor.

I don’t know what else to say, and that is unusual for me.

So before I say something stupid or wrong I’ll stop and just say.

I wish you the best for the future, and hope you have the strength to carry on.

Time is a healer.

He was one of a very, very small group of people who I was genuinely envious of his knowledge, career and ... Tonyism 😀 It was great talking with you for those few years.

Adiós T, Archy Styrigg

Thank you Phil for letting us know.