Mandatory EICR all done by the 31st March 2021

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, who thinks this deadline is ambitious ?

had a call from a letting agency as they need 400 done and satisfactory by the deadline

anybody know if the government are likely to give any flexibility?

400 satisfactory by March? Done properly, no...  🤣

But I bet they'll get them from somewhere.

And yet another race to the bottom....with the "agents" creaming it off the top.

it will get done

agents.....leaches...will get their bit. Landlord happy as he has a bit of meaningless paper to show his tenant

"well m'Lud.      23 acacia terrace may have been burned to the ground BUT this piece of paper done by somebody I do not know , whom has since disappeared , says it was ok.   What do I know I am only a landlord"

And yet another race to the bottom....with the "agents" creaming it off the top.

it will get done

agents.....leaches...will get their bit. Landlord happy as he has a bit of meaningless paper to show his tenant

"well m'Lud.      23 acacia terrace may have been burned to the ground BUT this piece of paper done by somebody I do not know , whom has since disappeared , says it was ok.   What do I know I am only a landlord"
I told the agent I wouldn’t work for agents, I only for landlords directly, not sure he was happy with me 

we,ve just done some work on a church, they'd had an eicr done, which took two hours apparently, and what a joke it was, despite the service head being an old cast iron one with fused neutral and also undersized tails and damaged henley blocks, that part was listed as being ok, they'd given C2 for a couple of unswitched sockets, there were numerous instances of 'lim' being written in boxes where there should have been a value, such as earth loop, or IR values. 

In the column for comments on the overall condition of the installation they had rated it as poor, yet in another section they'd stated it was good to still be used. we spent almost 4 days testing and then correcting the faults we found including missing earths, shared neutrals and  various other faults, incidentally hardly any of the readings for loop/IR bore any resemblance to the actual readings we got.

It had all the hallmarks of a driveby eicr and apparently they had been recommended by another church,it appears they'd done several churches in the area, this inspection was only questioned when someone who knew a little bit thought it didn't look right and asked for our opinion.

I think we're going to see a lot more of this in the future unfortunately.

Ok, who thinks this deadline is ambitious ?

had a call from a letting agency as they need 400 done and satisfactory by the deadline

anybody know if the government are likely to give any flexibility?

I think the deadline has been extended to July - that's according to one of my landlord customers.

Latest posts