Tier 4

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has happened to us ... our meagre plans for Xmas are trimmed back to seeing no family

not too unhappy about that

But fortunately we’ve got plenty of wine, beer, food and nibbles 

happy Xmas all

Does anyone actually give a damn about what Boris says anymore?

None of what's being done is having much of an effect on the virus at all, its just trashing the eccomony and society, theres always a peak in respiratory infections at this time of year. Yes, if you are vunerable or associate with someone that is, wash your hands more and and avoid hugging, etc. But trying to stop it spreading through the population as a whole just doesn't work, it'll laregly follow the curves indepdant of what we do, we might as well offer up human sacrifices.

Polititions .... Certainly, not a clue between them all

Medical experts....Not all of them no, just the ones who have jumped on the lockdown band-wagon. There are a lot of papers out there with evidence that lockdowns simply do not work.

we might as well offer up human sacrifices

Has it affected you directly? My neighbour, brother's MiL, SWMBOs cousin and uncle are all dead from it. 

My 90 year old Mum is in hospital now. She had a stroke but has since tested positive for Covid 19. Luckily asymptomatic at the moment . 

Merry Christmas indeed.

hum, most papers don’t actually employ journalists anymore ..... given the total and utter carp they write these days, and worryingly people believe them

Papers as in scientific papers, not the tabloid press..

It's not Christmas that worried me.  We already had no intention if visiting anyone.

What worries me now is the start of 2021.  Scotland, Wales, NI and a lot of England are in Tier 4.  I expect the WHOLE of the UK will be in tier 4.

Something has spooked the scientists / politicians.  This new strain that seems to be spreading quicker.

I fear we are in for another long, hard, damaging lockdown.  God knows how the country is going to survive this.  Oh and throw a no deal Brexit in less than 2 weeks.

2021 is going to be GRIM. 

Has it affected you directly? My neighbour, brother's MiL, SWMBOs cousin and uncle are all dead from it. 

My 90 year old Mum is in hospital now. She had a stroke but has since tested positive for Covid 19. Luckily asymptomatic at the moment . 

Merry Christmas indeed.

Yes, and while sad, it just re-inforces my view that whatever we do, we can't really change the path of this, one of the deaths in my family, he was physically unable to leave the house, it must have been brought in by one of the careers, who would have taken every precution they could have done. A family member who visited the ward in full hospital PPE to say a final goodbye had symtoms a few days later. Viruses have evolved to spread easily, we are deluded if we think we can change that by closing the pubs two hours early while still going to work and sending kids to school

Very few of flu

There is some good news.  Since March, NOBODY has died of "old age"

Very few of flu either. But come 2021 there will be quite a lot from cancers that might have been preventable if people had been able to be examinied and refered by GPs and what of the suicides resulting from the despression of those that have had their businesses and careers destroyed by the restrictions and rsulting down-turn.

This is, I'm afraid, to borrow someone elses turn of phrase "Burning down the building do deal with the wasps nest in the attic" not that the wasps were anything other than mindly inconvieinced by all....

So the "experts" decided that a lockdown during November would enable a slightly more flexible Christmas...

So many small businesses had to close, not trade, earn nothing..  with the hope of a making a bit back in the December run up to Christmas..

BUT.. Hey, ho!!!

some "Experts" C*****-it-up again....  so they have got to close again!! cease trading...  Earn Nothing!!!

With all the daily stats banded around in the media about cases, admissions, deaths.. etc..

I don't think we actually get many stats about the collateral damage..???

Is it that non-direct-Covid damage is less important than direct Covid damage?

Or they are just to busy to fully analyse the whole bigger picture..?

The "Strange" rules....

If you have three children at different Universities...  (as I did a few years ago)...

they could all come back for Christmas to be part of your household..    

But if the same three children are now no longer at University.. but living away from home..  (As I do now)..

They Cannot come back???  :C

Yet as a sole trader, unable to work from home, I can work in numerous strangers homes, with an unknown number of household members, possibly for a whole day..

But my own family cannot visit me in my own home!?

Re: "Has It affected you directly"...

Well my 85 year old Mom died in November (NOT due to Covid). 

But after been barred from seeing her family directly since March as care home visits were stopped..  (due to Covid restrictions)..

Would be in the Collateral damage category..

As even the care home staff think she went down hill after hearing about the November lockdown!!

(basically lost the will to live)..   cremation last week.. 

Plus we were unable to allow many who wanted to come to celebrate my Moms life to attend.. Due to Covid restrictions!  

More Collateral damage..

And now my 91 year old Dad..  alone in the care home is all panicking thinking he wont see his family over Christmas..

which by his own words..  "May be my last Christmas."

Collateral??

Then of course there is my widowed mother-in-law..

in her 80's,

still living "Alone" in her own home.. but petrified by all she hears on the news..

Used to be very outgoing and happy to go out to the shops etc..

Not now..

More mental Collateral damage??

AND..

My youngest daughter was meant to be getting married this December..

But now all put on hold and rescheduled for July next year..

with a whole bunch of stress and financial worry for many in the family..

Then on top of that.. another of my daughters after handing in her notice in 2019..

was meant to be flying to America this year to get a job and settle down with her long term boyfriend..

But.. due to Covid.. Flights to America in 2020 have been harder to get than rocking horse pooh!!!!

So she is still now stuck at home.. without a job!!!

Of course no emotional issues or collateral damage due to Covid restrictions..  or are there? !!

Then on top of all that my other daughter also had our new grand daughter born in April..

But those nice Government people seem to suggest a "Baby's First Christmas" can be postponed ...!!?

YET...  for the MAJORITY who do get any Covid symptoms, the solution is "Self isolate for 2 weeks"..

It is the minority of cases, (who generally have other underlying health conditions).

who have major issues needing significant medical assistance..

And just to add we DO have family relatives working in the NHS..

who are well aware of Covid threats, risks, dangers -vs- the associated mental health issues compounded by lockdown effects!

But hey ho..  so nice that the Government are "Protecting The Vulnerable"!

AND have these lovely "Nightingale" empty hospitals.. with no staff to man them!

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
More on "Collateral damage"

On the news last night, a terminally ill mother, now not allowed to see her children for what will almost certainly be her last Christmas.

Papers as in scientific papers, not the tabloid press..

if it was that black and white why has the world taken the course of action it has?

My brother in law works for the MHRA and his views on this aren't repeatable by me

BUT the misses is having her inoculation this morning😀

And I've just been told my nieces boyfriend has all the symptoms (and he works at a gym) 

We're an island. Should have been a severe lockdown in march, not the mickey take that they actually attempted in March, Police and army on the streets asking people what they're doing and heavy fines for anyone not following the rules, borders closed to anyone. 

Ease out of lockdown but borders still closed to people, goods in only. Once rate of infection is down, reopen the borders to people in but only let loose after a 30 day quarantine. 

Do it right do it once. 

It's a virus, you can't catch it if you keep away from each other and clean your hands, it's simple, but this is the fundamental thing that people are incapable of doing.