Joining Cables in walls

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traineeboy

Reaction score
I was on a job with my boss and the customer wanted to remove a socket. My Boss just joined the ring where the socket was with wagos then taped round the wagos. He told the customer to then just plaster over if. Is that OK ? 

I get wagos are maintenance free but can you just use them and plastered over them. Normally you would use a Wago box to house them. 

am I too up tight of us putting wagos to join cables then plastering over them ok ? 

I was on a job with my boss and the customer wanted to remove a socket. My Boss just joined the ring where the socket was with wagos then taped round the wagos. He told the customer to then just plaster over if. Is that OK ? 

I get wagos are maintenance free but can you just use them and plastered over them. Normally you would use a Wago box to house them. 

am I too up tight of us putting wagos to join cables then plastering over them ok ? 

There are a couple of problems with this.

1. Wago need to be in an enclosure.

2. Removal of the socket may then mean that the cables are not in a safe zone.

Absolutely not

So once plastered over there is no safe zone, no indication of live cables in the wall

Leave the socket or fit a blank plate over the socket are the 2 options I give clients ..........

Or find the cables under the floor and make off into maintenance free connectors and enclosure which will continue your ring but isolate the the cables running down the wall. 

It's rough as the way it's been done but as mentioned above it happens/is found a lot.  

Latest posts