Wiring a Twin F Connector Euro Module

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdnarolyat

Reaction score
Hi,

This is a quick question on wiring up a twin F connector Euro module. 

I have two satellite cables coming up through conduit into a back box which has the Euro modules mounted on a faceplate.  I've put right angled F connectors on the cables but find that there isn't enough space to then connect the cables to the back of the Euro module.  I could possibly do away with the right-angled F connectors and use normal ones but I'd be concerned about bending the cables too much.

One suggestion I've had is to remove the connection points on the Euro module so I'm left with two holes that I could pass the cables through.  I suppose that would work but I wondered if there is anything other options I'm missing.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

The F connector modules I have used you don’t put a plug onto the cable that comes into the backbox, the cable is stripped and the inner core of the coax is screwed on and the braid is connected vis a clamp arrangement. It was Click MM405WH modules I used, dead quick and easy to do. Then your F plugs connects as usual external to the faceplate.

I have just taken a quick pick of mine.

9D0E2B87-F91A-4E0E-A9DD-02F766585F69.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks roys.

I had a look for the Click version which has two sockets and it's the MM406WH.  Looking at the diagram in their catalogue it looks like the connections on the back of the module require a connector on the cable.

I could probably get away with a single socket but I have 2 cables run and was hoping to make them both available for future use.  At the moment I'm just using Freesat so I thought the 2 outlets would be useful in case I wanted to record anything.  I wonder if my thinking is outdated given how much content is available for streaming these days? 

The Click MM405 version is definitely just a straight cable connection with no plug socket arrangement in backbox. I have fitted an F plug module and a RJ45 module because that is what I was needing for my Virgin cable box but it would have been just as easy to fit two F plug modules.

Think you will have to go down the two MM405 module route as it is said above, no plug required, but I know what you mean about plugs being required on the MM406 module which is two sockets on one module so I presume it is differs because of space restrictions.

Just to say that in terms of RF performance a wall socket that is effectively a back to back connector with an inside and outside F plug will have superior performance to a screw terminal /hoop terminated cable into the back of the socket.  I only use the terminal type when the cable entry angle or some other factor gives no other choice