Summer Holidays ........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So its January 2021 - anyone planning on their summer holidays yet? 

We were supposed to be going to France last summer, so we're supposed to be going this year ........... but will we? 

We do have a staycation booked for early Oct though!

😀

We have a visit to France planned, to visit my son and family for late March. This was re-scheduled, in two stages, from last March and I think it will probably have to move again.  It could get particularly complicated if there are border restrictions as we fly to Geneva to collect a Swiss hire car then drive into France.  It was all so simple in the past!

My second hope is Cyprus, again re-booked from last year. This is in June, and I am cautiously optimistic.

My most reliable hope is our caravan, which did allow us a couple of weeks in the lake district in 2020 and hopefully a lot more this year.

We want a narrowboat holiday but loathed to book it yet.  If we do book it, we will make it for late summer to stand the most chance of it actually happening.

thats going to be our Plan B if France is off again - fancy a trip along the Llangolllen Canal during term time

Where are you thinking of going?
One of the trans penine routes perhaps (already done LL)  or perhaps the landlocked Brecon canal combined with a visit to the inlaws in Wales.  Not decided yet.

Llangollen is nice, that was our first narrowboat trip.

One of the trans penine routes perhaps (already done LL)  or perhaps the landlocked Brecon canal combined with a visit to the inlaws in Wales.  Not decided yet.

Llangollen is nice, that was our first narrowboat trip.
not done the trans penine - our last family trip was around the 4 counties ring in a week, and before that with the in-laws around the stourport ring .

such a good way to see parts of towns and the countryside and obviously the wildlife too

I’m guessing that following today’s announcement it may be well into summer before holidays are going to be available?? 

Four groups vaccinated by mid Feb so how much longer for the majority to be vaccinated, bearing in mind a second jab is required?

Transferred my holiday from last year to same 2 weeks this year in September due to hotel being closed

I always take an exotic holiday every year to a far flung place. Yes, the Isle of Wight seems but a distant memory! 😂

(Seriously I love the place).

Yes, the Isle of Wight seems but a distant memory! 😂
It's a lovely place. I have relatives there and have spent a few weeks in the past.  The only snags are it's a long way to take the caravan from Blackpool, and the ferry crossings are expensive for the short distance they involve.

It's a lovely place. I have relatives there and have spent a few weeks in the past.  The only snags are it's a long way to take the caravan from Blackpool, and the ferry crossings are expensive for the short distance they involve.

We usually wangle the ferry in with the price wherever we're staying. Usually cabin/lodge type places of late. Done a couple of high spec caravan parks and years back chalets which were a bit rough. One of the best was a 5 bed detached house we rented from the owners. 

Latest posts