Jump to content
Murdoch

TV & film recommendations?

Recommended Posts

Murdoch

We're all self isolating because the misses has been tested positive for Covid.

 

I'm pretty much up to date with invoices/ estimates etc so I was wondering if anybody has got any recommendations of tv or films to watch.

 

We have free TV plus amazon prime and Netflix

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff1946

It's very much a matter of taste so hard to advise someone else on specifics. 

We joined Britbox just before Christmas, I think on a free trial, (Mrs organised it). I don't know if the FT is still on but it's not too expensive anyway, and open up lots of old series. For instance we are presently watching early episodes of Shetland which we didn't watch when current.  We will keep it on at least whilst the house arrest runs.

I'm also really impressed with an Amazon Firestick we bought. We already have a smart TV, albeit a few years old now, but the Firestick is far easier to use.

There is also some surprisingly good material on Utube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerching

Do NOT watch the film Skyscraper, please

 

endured it the other night

pure 💩 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revjames
15 minutes ago, kerching said:

Do NOT watch the film Skyscraper, please

 

endured it the other night

pure 💩 

+1 absolute carp and soooo far fetched

 

watched the Chernobyl mini series for 2nd time last week. gripping stuff. have watched detectorists 3 times so far still like it. 

 

had free month of prime, watched the latest Grand tour, not impressed, cancelled it now.

Edited by revjames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hefferl

As you have Prime have a look at Knives Out - an enjoyable Whodunnit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murdoch
7 minutes ago, revjames said:

+1 absolute carp and soooo far fetched

 

watched the Chernobyl mini series for 2nd time last week. gripping stuff. have watched detectorists 3 times so far still like it. 

 

had free month of prime, watched the latest Grand tour, not impressed, cancelled it now.


ah Chernobyl - excellent series, may watch that again, but not sure I could stomach the detectorists again!

 

as for the Grand Tour - I’m not wasting my time on that carp

8 minutes ago, Hefferl said:

As you have Prime have a look at Knives Out - an enjoyable Whodunnit.


thanks , will take a look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharpend

I would watch ‘ In the line of duty ‘ excellent series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murdoch
36 minutes ago, Sharpend said:

I would watch ‘ In the line of duty ‘ excellent series. 


 

great series, have watched all ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boltonsparky

We did a free trial of appletv and watched The Long Way up that they did on electric bikes, A good watch with a bit of added couch coding some of the dodgy installs on route.

 

Watched Greyhound, with Tom Hanks on there too which I thought was good.

 

We have nowTV, as mentioned above thought Chernobyl was a very good watch, Cobra on there too which wasn't amazing but worth the watch I thought. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy™

youtube. plenty on there to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerching

Youtube

I can personally recommend the Toyah Wilcox and Robert Fripp,Sunday lunch lockdown sessions. In particular their rendition of "The Sandman" and also ",Schools Out" both are outstanding

 

you will thank me later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hefferl
50 minutes ago, kerching said:

both are outstanding

 

😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerching
28 minutes ago, Hefferl said:

 

😂😂

I take it that you have followed my recommendation then?🍮🍮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fly Moose

I have watched so far Amazon Prime -

                                 Vikings : really good quite close to some history. Plenty of action.

                                 Expanse : Scfi future thing this was good - maybe like Blade runner in style perhaps then goes on a tangent to its own.

 

These two are good.

 

Besides Lord of the rings and Game of thrones. Coff Coff...Only for the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hefferl
1 hour ago, Hefferl said:

 

😂😂

 

I've been following their videos from the start - great entertainment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roys

Can’t remember if I watched it on Prime or Netflix but “The Spy” was good, 6x45min episodes, I watched it in a oner. True story, Israel spy in Syria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binky
On 13/01/2021 at 19:24, Fly Moose said:

I have watched so far Amazon Prime -

                                 Vikings : really good quite close to some history. Plenty of action.

                                 Expanse : Scfi future thing this was good - maybe like Blade runner in style perhaps then goes on a tangent to its own.

 

These two are good.

 

Besides Lord of the rings and Game of thrones. Coff Coff...Only for the action.

 

Expanse was rather good. 

 

If you havn't watched Narcos, that is a fascinating series - I love the use of genuine news footage in the episodes.  Last Kingdon is also a good watch, and I have been following some of the Chinese epics, just for something a little different. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidney

The Expanse (second time of binging on this)

Vikings

The Last Kingdom

Breaking Bad

The Ozarks

The Punisher (fine for a bit of mindless violence with no real story)

 

Edited by Sidney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidewinder

The Imitation Game, about Turing.

Lucifer on Netflix, damn good.

Dirk Gently

Sherlock

The John Wick films

The equaliser films with Denzil Washington

Life on Mars, much better than Ashes to Ashes IMHO, though I did watch both.

Star Trek Enterprise and Discovery Netflix series.

Then Star Trek TNG, DS9 & Voyager...

 

Should keep you busy for a while...

 

Can you tell that I didn’t have much work during the last year because of Covid & my cancer!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidney
22 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

Star Trek Enterprise and Discovery Netflix series.

I found Cry Trek Diversity had so much potential but was ruined by very poor writing with too much effort put into trying to represent minority groups. The story line for season 3 didn't even make any sense not helped by people bursting into tears every five minutes, with space Jesus being responsible for every single solution it left no room for any other characters to develop. I think we'd be pushed to see another season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidewinder
29 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I found Cry Trek Diversity had so much potential but was ruined by very poor writing with too much effort put into trying to represent minority groups. The story line for season 3 didn't even make any sense not helped by people bursting into tears every five minutes, with space Jesus being responsible for every single solution it left no room for any other characters to develop. I think we'd be pushed to see another season.

Don't think too much into it mate, I just look at it as 45 minutes to an hour or so of escapism when I don't have to think about anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fly Moose

True that. It gets you down when shows start to confirm to present ideals and the reality from the show disappears for ever. Making it a lost cause and silly to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murdoch

For treky fans there is Picard on Amazon Prime (I think) and Star Trek Discovery on Netflix

 

recommend both

 

currently working my way through Bangers and Cash ....

Edited by Murdoch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
binky
1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

 and Star Trek Discovery on Netflix

 

 

I'm not a trcky fan, but have been quite enjoying the Discovery series - feels a bit more like the original from my long ago childhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sidewinder
1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

For treky fans there is Picard on Amazon Prime (I think) and Star Trek Discovery on Netflix

 

recommend both

 

currently working my way through Bangers and Cash ....

 

Picard on Prime is AWESOME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.