TV & film recommendations?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We're all self isolating because the misses has been tested positive for Covid.

I'm pretty much up to date with invoices/ estimates etc so I was wondering if anybody has got any recommendations of tv or films to watch.

We have free TV plus amazon prime and Netflix

Thanks

It's very much a matter of taste so hard to advise someone else on specifics. 

We joined Britbox just before Christmas, I think on a free trial, (Mrs organised it). I don't know if the FT is still on but it's not too expensive anyway, and open up lots of old series. For instance we are presently watching early episodes of Shetland which we didn't watch when current.  We will keep it on at least whilst the house arrest runs.

I'm also really impressed with an Amazon Firestick we bought. We already have a smart TV, albeit a few years old now, but the Firestick is far easier to use.

There is also some surprisingly good material on Utube.

Do NOT watch the film Skyscraper, please

endured it the other night

pure 💩 
+1 absolute carp and soooo far fetched

watched the Chernobyl mini series for 2nd time last week. gripping stuff. have watched detectorists 3 times so far still like it. 

had free month of prime, watched the latest Grand tour, not impressed, cancelled it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 absolute carp and soooo far fetched

watched the Chernobyl mini series for 2nd time last week. gripping stuff. have watched detectorists 3 times so far still like it. 

had free month of prime, watched the latest Grand tour, not impressed, cancelled it now.
ah Chernobyl - excellent series, may watch that again, but not sure I could stomach the detectorists again!

as for the Grand Tour - I’m not wasting my time on that carp

As you have Prime have a look at Knives Out - an enjoyable Whodunnit.
thanks , will take a look

We did a free trial of appletv and watched The Long Way up that they did on electric bikes, A good watch with a bit of added couch coding some of the dodgy installs on route.

Watched Greyhound, with Tom Hanks on there too which I thought was good.

We have nowTV, as mentioned above thought Chernobyl was a very good watch, Cobra on there too which wasn't amazing but worth the watch I thought. 

I have watched so far Amazon Prime -

Vikings : really good quite close to some history. Plenty of action.

Expanse : Scfi future thing this was good - maybe like Blade runner in style perhaps then goes on a tangent to its own.

These two are good.

Besides Lord of the rings and Game of thrones. Coff Coff...Only for the action.

Can’t remember if I watched it on Prime or Netflix but “The Spy” was good, 6x45min episodes, I watched it in a oner. True story, Israel spy in Syria.

I have watched so far Amazon Prime -

Vikings : really good quite close to some history. Plenty of action.

Expanse : Scfi future thing this was good - maybe like Blade runner in style perhaps then goes on a tangent to its own.

These two are good.

Besides Lord of the rings and Game of thrones. Coff Coff...Only for the action.

Expanse was rather good. 

If you havn't watched Narcos, that is a fascinating series - I love the use of genuine news footage in the episodes.  Last Kingdon is also a good watch, and I have been following some of the Chinese epics, just for something a little different. 

The Expanse (second time of binging on this)

Vikings

The Last Kingdom

Breaking Bad

The Ozarks

The Punisher (fine for a bit of mindless violence with no real story)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Imitation Game, about Turing.

Lucifer on Netflix, damn good.

Dirk Gently

Sherlock

The John Wick films

The equaliser films with Denzil Washington

Life on Mars, much better than Ashes to Ashes IMHO, though I did watch both.

Star Trek Enterprise and Discovery Netflix series.

Then Star Trek TNG, DS9 & Voyager...

Should keep you busy for a while...

Can you tell that I didn’t have much work during the last year because of Covid & my cancer!!!

Star Trek Enterprise and Discovery Netflix series.
I found Cry Trek Diversity had so much potential but was ruined by very poor writing with too much effort put into trying to represent minority groups. The story line for season 3 didn't even make any sense not helped by people bursting into tears every five minutes, with space Jesus being responsible for every single solution it left no room for any other characters to develop. I think we'd be pushed to see another season.