2 X 600W

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubbins

Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope someone can help. I have built a house and unfortunately missed the SAP calcs which I have now got done, unfortunately its failed due to having a gas boiler and the emmissions. The SAP guy said the easiest way to pass would be to get a 2 X 300W panels. Unfortunately I am running on smoke fumes now and wondered what the quickest and cheapest way to go get the SAP passed and therefore get the house signed off. Could I get a couple of 300w panels get them fitted by my roofer and get the electricals hooked up using my electrician....or am I way off.

Many thanks in advance

Hi All,

I hope someone can help. I have built a house and unfortunately missed the SAP calcs which I have now got done, unfortunately its failed due to having a gas boiler and the emmissions. The SAP guy said the easiest way to pass would be to get a 2 X 300W panels. Unfortunately I am running on smoke fumes now and wondered what the quickest and cheapest way to go get the SAP passed and therefore get the house signed off. Could I get a couple of 300w panels get them fitted by my roofer and get the electricals hooked up using my electrician....or am I way off.

Many thanks in advance

No reason why not. MCS registration was only ever required to claim the FiT. However, you will need to notify your DNO you have a solar system, your inverter must be 'grid tied'. You will need to send the DNO a schemeatic diagram, and you might as well put a few more panels on the roof to get something worth having. Pables can be bought for as little as £90 or less if you by second hand.