Murdoch

Any Elecsa Members on here?

Murdoch

https://www.niceic.com/elecsa

As Napit have bought Stroma, it seems any "competition" in the market has been stifled and our yearly subscriptions are not going to get any cheaper

boltonsparky

I saw this today from another source that also mentioned another body called Blueflame but not sure who they are/owned by.

UNG

All part of the NIC quest for total control, how long before they buy up NAPIT

Murdoch
53 minutes ago, boltonsparky said:

I saw this today from another source that also mentioned another body called Blueflame but not sure who they are/owned by.

Never heard of them!

https://www.blueflamecertification.com/about/Competent-Person-Scheme/

8 minutes ago, UNG said:

All part of the NIC quest for total control, how long before they buy up NAPIT

As long as its not in the next 4 years who cares😀

boltonsparky

They're the cheapest by quite a way, bit worrying that they stop site visits after 3 years, but lets be honest whatever scheme you're with you pays your money you gets your membership pretty much regardless.

Murdoch
9 hours ago, boltonsparky said:

They're the cheapest by quite a way, bit worrying that they stop site visits after 3 years, but lets be honest whatever scheme you're with you pays your money you gets your membership pretty much regardless.

Problem for well established sparks is that the assessors don't know as much as them and the whole assessment process is a pointless waste of time - especially with assessors making up regs as they go along.

I just need to do the Part P bit easily and simply ........ can't think of when I last consulted a technical line

The schemes do nothing to improve safety and do equally less to push back against the unnecessary petty changes of the regs.

and then there is "code breakers" which people think are gospel rules but aren't