LED Driver replacement Selector

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicopod

Reaction score
Hello 

Need some qualified electrician assistance. 

Our bathroom LED light has stopped working. 

I suspect it is the LED driver that failed. 

So I decided to buy a replacement LED driver. 

I have looked online to find a similar product but was not successful.

Using the LED driver selectors available online, I could not find a product with the exact similar specifications.

I have limited knowledge on this topic, hence my post.

The info on the existing device is as follow:

• PRI: 180- 264V   50/60Hz   0.12A
  • SEC: DC  180mA   60-110V
  • Pmax: 24W
  • Ta: 45 C
  • Tc: 85 C

Is anyone able to help me to pick a suitable LED driver for my light?

I would prefer to stick with a famous brand rather than used an unknown manufacturer. 

Let me know if you need more info. 

I have included a picture of the faulty device. 

Click on the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rhqba7bllzy3my/Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 22.53.17.png?dl=0

Thanks for reading, 

N.

If you want a simple long lasting solution I would ditch the LED fitting and replace it with a unit in which you can change the actual bulb ................and obviously fit an LED bulb

LED fittings may save power but lots can't be repaired and thus get thrown away

You are going to struggle matching that. It's a constant current driver but not in the usual range of ratings I've seen available.

One critical parameter there is the 180mA, (Which is very low. Typical led's run at two or three times that current). 

However, other drivers I've seen  at such low current are only around 10 - 12 watt, whilst yours is twice that.

If you can find these parameters there remains the question of whether it will physically fit in the space available.

Sorry I can't be more help. I've had a quick internet look without success. 

Are you able to recommend one or two websites to try to find such LED driver?

Sorry, but no. I've already looked for likely sources I can think of.  All you can do is search with google using combinations of the maker's name /part number/led/ driver/ power supply /180mA/   etc.

Are you guessing that your problem is the driver?  It can just as easily be an led failed. On a constant current system all your leds are in series, like old fashioned Christmas lights. If one fails they all go out.

So if I test the continuity of the LED light and it sounds, that means the LEDs are in working order, right?