Recommendations for reliable LED floodlights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for reliable LED floodlights to use as feature lighting, that is illuminating walls. I think around 50 watts will be suitable. 

Access for maintenance is difficult and expensive so reliability is the over-riding requirement, much more important than initial cost.

Additionally this is a near coastal location with a salty atmosphere. (Powder coated alloy fittings last no time at all).

Fitzgerald were the only light fitting I would use on any project. Between us we won two Lighting Industry awards. I got on very well with Peter Fitzgerald, his son Tim and the Sales  director Tony Stuchberry. Alas due to personal circumstances and health issue we lost touch. I wasn't aware they had teamed up with powerlite. If the new regime has the same quality products and customer service then you won't go far wrong 

I know we should buy British but personally would avoid anything made by a certain firm in Staffs. On the subject of LED floods, I have fitted several NVR (from neweys) of various wattages on and around the Port where I work with very little in the way of failures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from Fitzgerald, I've always found Crompton LED lamps to be good, Kosnic LED gear trays, and KSR LED battens are good now they've sorted out the hest spec - they originally rated things for 30degC, so a load of lights I fitted in a school overheated one summer.