Geoff1946

Recommendations for reliable LED floodlights

Geoff1946

I'm looking for recommendations for reliable LED floodlights to use as feature lighting, that is illuminating walls. I think around 50 watts will be suitable. 

Access for maintenance is difficult and expensive so reliability is the over-riding requirement, much more important than initial cost.

Additionally this is a near coastal location with a salty atmosphere. (Powder coated alloy fittings last no time at all).

binky

look for 5 year warranty on the drivers. Can't quite remember who it was, but I think KSR are now offering fittings suitable for salty atmospehre? 

Geoff1946

Thanks for those. Added to my list for consideration.

Geoff1946

After a fair bit of internet trawling and asking around, I think we are going for these:

https://www.powerlitefitz.co.uk/product/regor-led-6/

They are recommended by the electrician who is going to fit them and I like the idea of stainless steel fittings on a polycarbonate casing.

binky
9 hours ago, Geoff1946 said:

After a fair bit of internet trawling and asking around, I think we are going for these:

https://www.powerlitefitz.co.uk/product/regor-led-6/

They are recommended by the electrician who is going to fit them and I like the idea of stainless steel fittings on a polycarbonate casing.

Fitzgerald are generally good gear (or used to be). 

kerching

Fitzgerald were the only light fitting I would use on any project. Between us we won two Lighting Industry awards. I got on very well with Peter Fitzgerald, his son Tim and the Sales  director Tony Stuchberry. Alas due to personal circumstances and health issue we lost touch. I wasn't aware they had teamed up with powerlite. If the new regime has the same quality products and customer service then you won't go far wrong 

septiclecky

Thought Fitzgerald went bankrupt?

binky
On 26/02/2021 at 23:17, septiclecky said:

Thought Fitzgerald went bankrupt?

still alive and well, in deepest Cornwall (Bodmin to be precise). 

Geoff1946

Thanks for the positive feedback. I was dreading the opposite coming out after we made the choice.

revjames

I know we should buy British but personally would avoid anything made by a certain firm in Staffs. On the subject of LED floods, I have fitted several NVR (from neweys) of various wattages on and around the Port where I work with very little in the way of failures.

Badger
1 hour ago, revjames said:

I know we should buy British but personally would avoid anything made by a certain firm in Staffs. On the subject of LED floods, I have fitted several NVR (from neweys) of various wattages on and around the Port where I work with very little in the way of failures.

whos the manufacturer rev

kerching
1 hour ago, Badger said:

whos the manufacturer rev

Within the environs of Tamworth perchance?