Goodwe Hybrid converter GW2500-BP

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, it's an old machine and it's not great agree. I had to purchase a new clamp sensor as its a seperate control unit but it did not work, Goodwee UK did everything not to help. I would never recommend one to anyone not even the lattest modle. I beleaive equipment is only as good as there back up or help line and they failed. I only use it to charge 48volt battery pack and then come off a seperate inverter to keep it off grid. 

fair enough, if it's working and was very cheap, that's fine. The chepaer inverters all failed for the same thing - AC relay, within about 3 years. If it's not linked to the AC it may well last longer.

Hi all, has anyone got or used this converter.
I spent 6 months fighting a warranty claim,they sent me a brand new unit. I connected it up it only discharged my battery's for 1 night. And it did a good job. Yes one night since then it charges battery ok and sends excess PV to grid but it fails to use battery now. New clamp tryed ,now I am tired of it ,it's waisted so much time of mine that I cannot be bothered with it.goodwee support is a waist of time.stay clear of any goodwee units. Not worth the hassle and if you get an issue best of luck getting a replacement. Stay well clear.

I spent 6 months fighting a warranty claim,they sent me a brand new unit. I connected it up it only discharged my battery's for 1 night. And it did a good job. Yes one night since then it charges battery ok and sends excess PV to grid but it fails to use battery now. New clamp tryed ,now I am tired of it ,it's waisted so much time of mine that I cannot be bothered with it.goodwee support is a waist of time.stay clear of any goodwee units. Not worth the hassle and if you get an issue best of luck getting a replacement. Stay well clear.
I've always regarded Goodwe as rubbish! Check your inverter work mode settings, it sounds like it isn't set correctly.

Latest posts