Sidewinder

Forum member Evans Electric

Sidewinder

It is with great sadness that I feel compelled to write to let the forum members know of the passing of one of our stalwart members who has been a member of the forum almost right from its inception by the Welsh Wizard.

Derek (Deke) Evans - Evans Electric passed away on the 22nd of January this year following a massive heart attack and a very short period of hospitalisation.

I hope that members would join me in passing our heartfelt condolences to Derek's family and wish them the best for the future.

Andy™

RIP Deke

Murdoch

That’s really sad news and had been wondering why he hadn’t been on here recently

RIP

Onoff

Condolences to Deke and his family. Never met him but he always was free with his good advice. I sent him a few bits over the years. RIP. 

ProDave

He was one of the good guys and will be sorely missed.

kerching

To have an affinity with a man who you have never met but appear to have known all your life is a very strange thing, very strange and surreal thing indeed

His posts were always informative, humorous and technically correct. Drawn from years of experience in that little world , from running a business, being a site foreman, working on cranes , working on some of the largest plants around the Midlands. He's the only person I know of whose employer  got official permission to wire an accommodation building ( Birmingham Uni?) by combining the neutral and earth in a Pyro to save costs.

I will miss sending him weird MCbs; never wanted any money for them, just a charity donation

Good night big fella, enjoy your reunion with 'Bob the breakdown' and keep " looking after "  that Printers in the sky

We will miss you mate

Condolences to Jackie and the family

R.I.P. Deke, from a fellow Old Git

Sharpend

I have been left speechless by this news. 

As many members on here, I too never met the man, but by god what a man he was, whilst a technically apt member he never took himself too seriously, was often up for light hearted banter and was full of old school knowledge, he loved the area he lived often bursting with pride of its history. 

RIP Deke one of a kind. 
god bless. 

roys

I am truly saddened by that news, again never met the man, but his posts were always top quality.

Thoughts are with his family, Rest in Peace

Geoff1946

So sorry to hear. As others have said his posts were always helpful and knowledgeable.  A true gentleman.

RIP

UNG

So sad to hear this news of yet another member moving on

My sincere condolences to his family

RIP

Marvo

Sad to hear about Derek's passing and may he rest in peace. Condolences to his family.

binky

Terrible news, he will be sorely missed.

SpencerW

Infinitely sympathetic, although I did not find Derek, I am sure he was a good person

phil d

Another 'proper' electrician gone, he was a decent bloke was Deke, rest in peace my old mate and condolences to the family

Zeespark

Top spark, top friend. RIP Deke.  😪

Andy Guinness

sprocketflup

Definitely a dark day. Sleep well old fella 

SPECIAL LOCATION

There is never a good time to lose a loved one.....

(My mom passed away in November..  Covid-Friendly funeral in December... 

but it wasn't unexpected, and in reality she had her Three-Score-Years-Plus-Ten-Plus-Some-Extra! 

But it was and still is a very emotional and difficult time for some family members to come to terms with.)

But..

If something comes along unexpected and takes someone "before-their-time"...

The pain and emotional hurt can be so much bigger..

Does anyone know how old Deke was???

I got the impression from various posts he still had a few more years until State-Pension age?

I can't remember Deke not been on the Forum...?

Nor can I remember a week without reading various posts from him!

Thoughts, best wishes and condolences to anyone & everyone who had the privilege of knowing Deke in person..

Unfortunately I have only ever know him as a virtual contributor to the forum...

But I feel the forum will be a lesser place now that he will no longer be contributing!

I just hope that he didn't have any prolonged suffering or pain.

And I guess when the next regs updates come...

he will be pi55ing himself laughing, while strumming a few notes on his guitar!

RIP Deke...

You will be missed more than you ever know..

Love respect & best wishes to your loved ones left behind.

Guinness❤️🙁  

kerching

Well I am 65 next month and I always got the impression he was about 5/6 years older than me

Hefferl

This is truly sad. Never met the man but grew to like him nonetheless. His humour and contributions in general here will definitely be missed.

revjames

Having been a member here for about 12 years I will miss his dry humour and observations about events happening around him and particularly in the 'Brum' area. Always able to see the funny side and offer some kind of help even when the OP is hopeless or even plain rude. God Bless Deke...

apprentice87

Very sad news.. I always liked reading his posts..  Think he said he grew up in the Aston area of the west midlands. Will be greatly missed by all..

john..

Sharpend

I’m still existing him to pop with a post, it’s hard when you lose a regular member of the forum, particularly when there was no suggestion of a condition present. 

myke

RIP evans electric I never met you but liked your content on here