EV charger installers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gian

Reaction score
My question is about the recent updates to bs7671 with regards ev charger instlations. If your not using a evc with built in pen loss detection, how do you install a evc. Are you still using earthrod TT Island. I see some new technolgy on the market so just interested in what installers are using if any. 

My question is about the recent updates to bs7671 with regards ev charger instlations. If your not using a evc with built in pen loss detection, how do you install a evc. Are you still using earthrod TT Island. I see some new technolgy on the market so just interested in what installers are using if any. 

I find new technology is used by installers when appropriate to the circumstances applicable..

Whereas at other times probably no need to change from suitable old technology still on the market.. 

And always referring to all recent updates to ensure full compliance..

Otherwise you would be just opening yourself up to a can of worms..

:coffee

As a  DIYer you employ somebody with the relevant skills, qualifications, competence and test equipment
Hi Murdoc yes do you mean like say an Dilog 18th Ed  mft and say rolec ev charger tester

I find new technology is used by installers when appropriate to the circumstances applicable..

Whereas at other times probably no need to change from suitable old technology still on the market.. 

And always referring to all recent updates to ensure full compliance..

Otherwise you would be just opening yourself up to a can of worms..

:coffee
I was reading an article about difficulties for installers and why urgent changes were required to help installers. They were pointing out issues in the area of earth Rods and under ground services. I was wondering if you had any dealings or have used devices like the viridian EV EVSE connection centre. 

not many sparks have those let along DIYer

and COP75
You don't have to be a sparks to own or use these. I am a refuge collector remember, and I have both of these test equipment. 

I reakon you are a really nice person in real life. Have you any thoughts on my post with regards viridian ev Controlers or any others which are Poping up on the market. 

Well .... EV chargers .... to many types to bother with. 

I think the UK should simply say that all EV charges must have OPEN technology. No other variants should be approved for installation

As I know little,of these matters. Can somebody tell me WTAF an 18th ed tester is?

. Assuming it is different to "a 17th ed tester" which is different to a" 16th ed tester"?.........

Also then by reverse extrapolation every edition must have its own tester?? 😂
It started to creep in when the 15th edition was introduced and became the norm with the 16th edition and the appearance of the Multifunction Tester now it with every update of the regs it is believed you need a new set of test kit

I purchased a Rolec charge check last year happened to be looking for something on that auction site and a link to the charge check appeared on one of the pages I was looking at picked it up at less than half price, not bad for a brand new unused unit. Up to now I have only used it a couple of times but I'm sure it will get more use in the future

Well .... EV chargers .... to many types to bother with. 

I think the UK should simply say that all EV charges must have OPEN technology. No other variants should be approved for installation
Surely it would be better to stop the occurrence of failures in PEN conductors?