Additional Outdoor Socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpb

Reaction score
Can anyone help please.  I have electric in my garden already, which was installed with 16mm armoured cable.  I have a requirement to install another couple of sockets.  My question is, can i chop into the run on the 16mm cable, install a waterproof juntion box and run a 10mm armoured cable feed from that, or do i need to stick with the 16mm? 

thanks in advance.

It's not going to be anywhere as simple as that I'm afraid... It'll very much depend on the protective devices for the circuit..... IMHO this work is far from DIY, you need to get a local electrician to have a look at it and quote you for the job

Can anyone help please.  I have electric in my garden already, which was installed with 16mm armoured cable.  I have a requirement to install another couple of sockets.  My question is, can i chop into the run on the 16mm cable, install a waterproof juntion box and run a 10mm armoured cable feed from that, or do i need to stick with the 16mm? 

thanks in advance.
16mm CSA OR 16mm diameter?

if it's CSA it's a big cable

just saying

And what makes you think joining a 16mm to a 10mm is a good idea?

thanks in advance.
You have a requirement for an electrician.  

Much depends on where the “16mm” cable comes from, is protected, and how

- not DIY 

The OP last viewed this 18 hours ago so I guess they don't want to present any follow up information. Sales of large choc block and tape being made now is my guess🤣