Covid Jabs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bit bored last night so I thought I would try to book my first jab ......... not only could I book my 1st but also my 2nd .

So my first is on a Saturday, 2nd on late on a Friday afternoon - so no real earning time will be lost and as they are both at the same venue a few miles away

Today in the post I got my letter from the NHS inviting me to make an appointment

So its all booked and I'm very happy

Thanks NHS

Bit bored last night so I thought I would try to book my first jab ......... not only could I book my 1st but also my 2nd .

So my first is on a Saturday, 2nd on late on a Friday afternoon - so no real earning time will be lost and as they are both at the same venue a few miles away

Today in the post I got my letter from the NHS inviting me to make an appointment

So its all booked and I'm very happy

Thanks NHS

Presume you're 55+?

Sam Edelman here

sortedmine for 2 Sundays ago

2nd not booked yet

also now entitled to lateral flow test as wife is a key worker.  Applied on Monday morning. Arrived in post on Tuesday morning  system seems to be working well, unlike the MPs mates track and trace system!   I wonder if there is a refund available?, probably not

Those that have had the Jab suffered any effects from it? I know a couple of people that have had a jab and ended up in bed for three days? 

Those that have had the Jab suffered any effects from it? I know a couple of people that have had a jab and ended up in bed for three days? 
I know a couple of people who have had the jab with the well publicised side effects

the misses had her 2nd last Friday and has a sore arm

Had my first jab yesterday and didn't feel to bad until the evening time when it quite quickly it felt like full blown covid symptoms,

Woke up this morning feeling a bit dehydrated and have felt under the weather and tired all day with a very sore arm

Don't really feel like going back for the second jab now if the after effects are going to be the same although having had another bout of covid in January I would rather not have another

Had my first jab yesterday and didn't feel to bad until the evening time when it quite quickly it felt like full blown covid symptoms,

Woke up this morning feeling a bit dehydrated and have felt under the weather and tired all day with a very sore arm

That's exactly the symptoms I had, especially the disturbed night  when I woke up once not knowing where I was!  I wasn't really sure if it was the jab, or eating too much too late. The other symptoms only lasted a day, and I decided that overall it was a good thing as the stuff obviously provoked some reaction.  Mrs just had a sore arm for two days.

I'll be back for dose 2 as long as I can start going on holiday again.

That's exactly the symptoms I had, especially the disturbed night  when I woke up once not knowing where I was!  I wasn't really sure if it was the jab, or eating too much too late. The other symptoms only lasted a day, and I decided that overall it was a good thing as the stuff obviously provoked some reaction.  Mrs just had a sore arm for two days.

I'll be back for dose 2 as long as I can start going on holiday again. 
Heard of a lot different reactions to the vaccine from very mild to quite severe lasting 3-4 days which is similar to the reaction with covid when I tested positive in January my wife subsequently tested positive as well. I had it quite bad with a loss of taste I didn't eat for 7 days just the thought had me retching my wife was no where near as bad and had none of the major symptoms, my brother who tested positive a few weeks later was quite bad late one night after consulting 111 he was told to go to A&E in the early hours of the morning and after some tests and some x-rays was sent home with some antibiotics 

Having had covid at least 2 times and what I thought was flu back in September / October may I was told have also been a mild dose of covid. I would hope having had the vaccine I will not get it again as it's not nice when you have got it wondering whether you will recovery fully or not

Blimey UNG, don’t think you’ll need the vaccine, your body should have built up enough of its own defence by now!! 
isn’t that what they say happens once you’ve had a dose of COVID? 

Blimey UNG, don’t think you’ll need the vaccine, your body should have built up enough of its own defence by now!! 
isn’t that what they say happens once you’ve had a dose of COVID? 
I was expecting only mild side effects from the vaccine but that wasn't the case, may be the vaccine is a different variant to the covid I've had

The first time was by far the worst started late November / early December 2019 before covid was widely known I never sought medical help at the time which in hindsight was probably stupid of me given what has happened to some people, one night I could barely inflate my lungs it felt like someone had a tourniquet tightened around my chest and I thought about calling 999 but turned over thinking if I wake up in the morning that will be a bonus it took about three months to properly recover from that bout. In April 2020 a covid research questionaire I was asked to fill in had a list of about 12 symptoms and asked if you had any since October 2019 I ticked all of them

The problem is nobody seems to know how long the covid antibodies stay in your system add to that the variants that are appearing mean that the vaccine is needed, the question now is how often a jab will be needed to maintain it's effectiveness and your resistance to covid

I was expecting only mild side effects from the vaccine but that wasn't the case, may be the vaccine is a different variant to the covid I've had

The first time was by far the worst started late November / early December 2019 before covid was widely known I never sought medical help at the time which in hindsight was probably stupid of me given what has happened to some people, one night I could barely inflate my lungs it felt like someone had a tourniquet tightened around my chest and I thought about calling 999 but turned over thinking if I wake up in the morning that will be a bonus it took about three months to properly recover from that bout. In April 2020 a covid research questionaire I was asked to fill in had a list of about 12 symptoms and asked if you had any since October 2019 I ticked all of them

The problem is nobody seems to know how long the covid antibodies stay in your system add to that the variants that are appearing mean that the vaccine is needed, the question now is how often a jab will be needed to maintain it's effectiveness and your resistance to covid

Some people react badly to the flu vaccine, so I'm guessing it's pot luck with reactions. From what I've heard young people react worse than older people to the vaccine. But either way I suspect it's better than catching the real thing. I  think the vaccine immunity lasts months, the science is still researching that aspect, so only time will really tell. Either way I'm looking forward to getting the jab asap, but I am planning on continuing to wear facmasks / wash hands for quite a while yet. 

Yes, had similar illness. Something going about. Wasn't COVID though. Not in the country.
Do you categorically know that as an absolute irrefutable fact. I know what the government want us to believe and what the press have been allowed to publish but not convinced a lot of it has a shred of truth. If the government admitted it was in the UK earlier than declared then the opposition parties would be baying for blood

Why would an NHS supported research project ask if you any covid symptoms since October 2019 in April 2020 if it wasn't in the UK then

I was ill for just over 3 months and it most definitely was not man flu at one of the really low points I did consider ending it because it was that bad and did wonder if a good recovery was possible so if it wasn't covid what was it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts