Any Texecom Premier Elite experts here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
I don't do many alarms, but have installed 6 of these and never had any real issues until now.

panel, 2 keypads

keypads work, all onboard panel ,zones work

to save cable we have run guard access and entry/exit from the RKP! adjacent to the two entry doors

zones ar mapped to panel

probLem is that the panel cannot see the E/E  contacts

we have got it working by reprogramming the guard access PIRS to activate the EE timer. This works fine.  But cannot get the door contacts recognised.

now I havnt installed this , its in my mates house. He hasn't used the resistors and has just gone for the direct connect method.  If we put multimeter across the contact wires at the RKP then open the door we lose continuity as expected.. shut door and it goes to a short

we  have tried setting as Double Pole/EOL AND N/C.  Done this both in WINTEX and via keypad. No matter what we do it cannot see the door contacts.

anybody got any pointers before I call Texecom on Monday ?........it's probably staring us in the face but we cannot see it

many thanks, going to see Mr Merlot now 🍷 

what zone you got 1&2 from the RKP mapped to? got the zone set to correct areas?

if one works id expect the other to also work. anything showing in diagnostics /walk test?

Nothing shows in diagnostics 

everything walk tests APART from the 2 door contacts

RKP 1 is mapped to 7&8

RKP  mapped to 9&10

going to remap the PIRS to,the door contact zones, temporarily to see if that works

didnt actually consider he may have mapped to wrong area, so remapping PIRs and contacts to,opposite zones will prove this

Nothing shows in diagnostics 

everything walk tests APART from the 2 door contacts

RKP 1 is mapped to 7&8

RKP  mapped to 9&10

going to remap the PIRS to,the door contact zones, temporarily to see if that works

didnt actually consider he may have mapped to wrong area, so remapping PIRs and contacts to,opposite zones will prove this

got a screenshot of the wintex settings?

Latest posts