Frequent boiler lockout.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daj

Reaction score
I've been informed I might have a condensate issue with my 2-year-old Bosch boiler. My central heating is fine for 8-10 hours then the boiler switches off and the blue power light flashes. A break overnight and the boiler restarts next morning and the cycle starts again. On undoing the condensate trap underneath the boiler, no liquid came out, although I can see 'bits' on the one side of the trap. Liquid is coming out of the condensate pipe at the waste end under a sink. Am I on the right lines hear. Although the boiler is under guarentee, I've been reluctant to let anyone in the house under the current Covid-19 conditions.

Help would be appreciated.

I would advise you to let the manufacturer's technician in. These things are far too complex to guess at problems. He will probably use a computer to diagnose exactly what's happening.

The WB man who serviced my boiler just before Christmas was very good in observing Covid precautions, etc.

I would advise you to let the manufacturer's technician in. These things are far too complex to guess at problems. He will probably use a computer to diagnose exactly what's happening.

The WB man who serviced my boiler just before Christmas was very good in observing Covid precautions, etc.

Thanks.

Stop panicking about Covid. The rules allow emergency work in your house.  Leave him in the room on his own and open a window to ventilate it and you will all be fine. 

Stop panicking about Covid. The rules allow emergency work in your house.  Leave him in the room on his own and open a window to ventilate it and you will all be fine. 

Cripes mate. Please stop talking sense

These situations drive me mad - one of the misses mates has been "shielding" since it began but her teenagers have been out and about with all and sundry and she doesn't spray them down with cleaning agents each time they come back!

Agreed, Covid is without doubt a real hazard that requires some precautions and care to reduce transmission. But it is not an automatic death sentence, remember government guidance if you are infected is to isolate for a couple of weeks, which in 90% of the cases is all that is needed. And its not difficult to reduce possible infection, by adopting the use of face masks if in close proximity or enclosed areas, keeping your distance and regular hand washing / sanitising. Unfortunately the media do tend to encourage Covid-fear. So if you have any faulty appliances, wiring, heating, plumbing,  do not be afraid to phone for help from any suitably qualified tradesperson.  

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts