Quantum storage heaters query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilolady

Reaction score
Hi, I am newbie. We have 4 Quantum storage heaters (2 large 2 small) that sometimes fail to charge over night or charge properly. The problem is very random and effects one or several units at any one time. We have noticed that after an interruption to the electricity supply (power cut) this problem is highly likely to occur. On one occasion 3 units failed to heat for 4 nights then spontaneously started working again. The amount of charge they take on can also be erratic (especially the 2 large units). An example, the large unit felt only warm in the morning and was out of heat by 11am. Other days the heaters can be very hot. This problem has been present since they were installed. The suppliers told us it is normal for the units to not charge for several nights after a power cut or the supply being switched off for a brief time as they need to reset themselves and this can take several days? The electricians who installed the system insist it is user error (it really isn't) and have washed their hands after one visit where they refitted the bricks  because the heating elements had not been placed correctly when they installed the heaters. To sum up the suppliers say it is normal to be without heating for several days after an interruption to the power supply and the installers say it is user error. Meanwhile we have had many cold days and my husband is elderly and unwell needing to be kept warm. Our electricity Bill's are high (£300 for Jamuary and £293 for February) It seems we are paying a lot of money to live with our dressing gowns over our clothing trying to keep warmer. We suspect this may be a supply problem? Any advice/experience of this problem will be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Have you looked in the menu system to see how much energy is being consumed and what the heat settings are?

My experience is that if you turn off the 24 x 7 supply then it can take a couple of days for the heater to get back into the programme’s set cycle

do you leave Both of the supplies switched on all the time?