• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I need MK 10 way plastic CU cover

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone have an unwanted, undamaged front cover for an MK SENTRY DUAL RCD SPLIT LOAD 10 WAY CONSUMER UNIT- PLASTIC like below please??

My rental just received an Unstiafactory EICR ........

image.png

Perhaps he shouldn’t have broke it?!

how does that make it a C2? No access to live parts without removing the actual cover? 
I really do sit back in amazement of how little knowledge and understanding I have. 

I wonder does this explain it?

· Supply and upgrade consumer unit with RCBO’S
· Supply and fit new 100 amp isolation switch for cut off
· Supply and fit new bathroom IP rated light
· Supply and fit new pendant light
· Supply and fit a new double socket
· Go through boiler feed, add additional fuse spur for isolation
· Take off trunking above DB area
· Supply and fit new trunking
· Re connect all circuits
· Test
· Provide new EICR
· Clear all rubbish

TOTAL INCLUDING VAT: £980.25

I wonder does this explain it?

· Supply and upgrade consumer unit with RCBO’S
· Supply and fit new 100 amp isolation switch for cut off
· Supply and fit new bathroom IP rated light
· Supply and fit new pendant light
· Supply and fit a new double socket
· Go through boiler feed, add additional fuse spur for isolation
· Take off trunking above DB area
· Supply and fit new trunking
· Re connect all circuits
· Test
· Provide new EICR
· Clear all rubbish

TOTAL INCLUDING VAT: £980.25

That's rather more than a broken cover!

And the quote needs to confirm the EIC and Part P too

OP - why can't you do some or all of this?

That's rather more than a broken cover!

And the quote needs to confirm the EIC and Part P too

OP - why can't you do some or all of this?

In reality, it is only slightly more than a broken cover  - broken cover is not a C2 to me -  the quote is deliberately verbose to try to  justify ££££ , but nothing even nearly approaching £1K and does not justify a new CU - i will do all the remedials - I opted not to do the EICR because I wanted to be beyond reproach being the landlord......

I will look. So far it's Hager, Hager, Volex, Eaton, Eaton, Merlin....I really must put them all in one place!

It's ok, i've found a new complete board < £50 and I'll put all the MCBs, RCDs into stock...

whats the boiler isolator about too?

The boiler is downstairs in the kitchen. Heating supply (FCU 3A) is upstairs in airing cupboard along with heating controls etc. There is then a single pattress and single blank adjacent to boiler just to connect boiler flex to provide power to boiler, so perhaps it could be argued that another isolator local to boiler is required...

image.png

The boiler is downstairs in the kitchen. Heating supply (FCU 3A) is upstairs in airing cupboard along with heating controls etc. There is then a single pattress and single blank adjacent to boiler just to connect boiler flex to provide power to boiler, so perhaps it could be argued that another isolator local to boiler is required...

View attachment 11276

definitely not a C2, maybe just a comment on the cert to confirm where the boiler isolator is

i think you need a 2nd EICR because it’s tricky to agree with what you’ve expanded on so far

sure the broken socket and lack of IP light in the bathroom make sense ....

definitely not a C2, maybe just a comment on the cert to confirm where the boiler isolator is

i think you need a 2nd EICR because it’s tricky to agree with what you’ve expanded on so far

sure the broken socket and lack of IP light in the bathroom make sense ....

Without doubt and simple to remedy....

I think its probably more pragmatic/cheaper to undertake and document remedials and append to original EICR, rather than shell out for another EICR and all the BS that will probably produce.....

Without doubt and simple to remedy....

I think its probably more pragmatic/cheaper to undertake and document remedials and append to original EICR, rather than shell out for another EICR and all the BS that will probably produce.....
that’s assuming the inspector agrees he has coded things incorrectly

the CPS’ are ignoring this and should be stepping up to the plate with clarification

that’s assuming the inspector agrees he has coded things incorrectly

the CPS’ are ignoring this and should be stepping up to the plate with clarification
If you take your car for an MOT, the MOT tester has a manual to work from to tell him what is a pass and a fail.  We lack anything like that and it is a free for all for some to make their own decisions.

If you take your car for an MOT, the MOT tester has a manual to work from to tell him what is a pass and a fail.  We lack anything like that and it is a free for all for some to make their own decisions.

The NICEIC have done something positive and that's got their inspectors to agree to use the best practice guide codes .......... whereas NAPIT write the Codebreakers and assume that's fine 

This is a huge farce which will continue for some time yet

If you need to resort to a Guide to enable you to compile a technical Report you probably need to be looking at a different aspect to your trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.