tamper fault lockout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nigel2000

Reaction score
i have had an Accenta Optima alarm in for 3 years, the other night the alarm went off, saying it was night time i just removed the power and battery. when i applied the power following day, the LCD sceen on the remote keypad displays 1-8 zones have a 0 underneath them and at the end it underneath TP it as got F0, when i press the x button on the RKP it comes up with 'tamper fault lockout' and will not let me go any further, does anybody know where to start

Have you tried entering a code

After that it would be

Link out the tamper circuit and see if that clears the fault if it does then you need to locate the tamper loop fault

Check the bell / sounder tamper return is ok

And if all else fails do a full factory reset and reprogram

1/ Did you install it? or do you know who did?...

Was it programmed so you have to use an engineer code, (not a user code), to clear a tamper fault?

2/ Have you tested the battery?    Anything strange or unexpected with alarm panels can be due to dead or failing batteries..

3/ When you did restore the power, (a) did you use a known good battery and (b) did you ensure all covers are correctly fitted?

4/ A few routing tests of the wiring with a suitable meter should point you in the right direction to the probable cause..

Guinness