Multiple Electric Velux Windows

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk1rob

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a customer that has had 7 electric Velux windows put in an extension. Each one comes fitted with a 3 pin plug. Normally I would cut the plugs off and extend the cable with a maintenance free JB down to a FCU at socket level. The customer is adamant he doesn't want that many FCUs cluttering up the walls and doesn't want anything visible up near the windows either. Its one of them "i'll just get the magic wand out" situations.

Seriously though, is there anything I can do to get around this and keep him happy or is it just a case of having to put up with the FCUs?

Thanks

Hi,

I've got a customer that has had 7 electric Velux windows put in an extension. Each one comes fitted with a 3 pin plug. Normally I would cut the plugs off and extend the cable with a maintenance free JB down to a FCU at socket level. The customer is adamant he doesn't want that many FCUs cluttering up the walls and doesn't want anything visible up near the windows either. Its one of them "i'll just get the magic wand out" situations.

Seriously though, is there anything I can do to get around this and keep him happy or is it just a case of having to put up with the FCUs?

Thanks
grid switch in a cupboard?

Could you not use the Velux Active control setup

Last edited by a moderator: