Ive got one of those somewhere, just in case.....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have boxes and boxes of electrical and electronic stuff in my workshop, much of which I have had since I was very much younger.  Can't throw anything away as it might come in handy.  Very occasionally I sell a few items when someone wants something old and obscure, but I suspect most if it will still be in it's boxes when I am in mine.

I really don't think my box of plug in Wylex mcb's has much chance of getting used.

Oh how I wish Deke was about for this nugget of a thread. :(  
Yep, I thought that as I was posting 😢

He'll doubtless be checking out the Crabtree C50s at "the big printers"

We're missing you Big Fella

R.I.P.

really don't think my box of plug in Wylex mcb's has much chance of getting used
You've only got a box of them?......not even trying there😂

Just glanced around the garage  and aside from the boxes of various obselete range MCBs, I've got a brand new un opened tin of paint, of a colour we dont have any rooms painted in anymore. Not sure what to do with that, doesn't feel right slinging a whole tin of paint in the bin and a broken set of LED christmas lights from not christmas just gone, but the one before where several cables have snapped, I kid myself that I'll untangle it, work out what goes where and solder it back together, but its been there over a year

I don't know if it's general practice but our waste disposal centre keeps paint, including part cans. I don't know who then uses it; perhaps community service people.

I don't know if it's general practice but our waste disposal centre keeps paint, including part cans. I don't know who then uses it; perhaps community service people.
Probably because it can't go to landfill and would cost a fortune to properly recycle.

Sign up with your local Freecycle.  That's where you can offer for free anything you don't want and tins of paint would fit the bill perfectly.  You never know, you might see someone elses junk that you want.