jcc lights stop working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandc

Reaction score
hi all long story short ,i had about 20 Jcc spot lights fitted about 4 years ago ,ive changed them all 2/3 times over , (as they stop working ), Jcc have supplied the new ones but as i didnt register the original  ones online at the time of fitting they will not honour the 10 year advertised gaurentee .  im getting fed up with them so as they stop working (2 on the blink at the moment) i wondered what would be the most reliable replacement for them .  The part number for them  denmans : 

designa DE9447 4WH 6W LED IP65

DE9447 4WH 6W IP65 D/L WW WH

thanks for your help

JCC sealed units - yuk

i fit standard metal fittings with customer changeable GU10 led bulbs as direct replacements.

sealed led lights never last as long as the claims make and are a waste of the worlds resources ...

Any fitting that looks nice, within your budget and has a replaceable LED lamp will be suitable....

Integral, non replaceable lamps are one of the most stupid design concepts of the modern world..

There is a vast selection of GU10 LED's in all sorts of flavour for;

Lumens, Beam angle, Kelvin, Lifespan/warranty, Brand, Cost..  etc..

So its far better to select a suitable lamp for a fitting,

than have to keep replacing complete fittings..

If a customer has supplied their own lights I will install them..

But it is not economically viable to have to keep dancing back to the customer to swap out warranty failures..

(Especially if one or two warranty replacements suddenly look out of place with a "matching set" of six lights..

when the design has changed slightly, or the finish looks distinctly less faded than the originally installed lights!)

Except for the odd single external security light, where a replacement items doesn't have to match with anything,

I stopped supplying fittings with integral LED lamps many years ago..

Its a similar problem with security lights with integral PIR sensors.. pain in the bum..

Much less hassle if you keep all key items as separate replaceable items in the event of a fault.

Guinness

Thanks for all your help , i will look to fit the leds that can be changed without changing the whole fitting , i was hoping that someone would have had the same issue and could recommend a go to  reliable easy to fit  specific replacement  to get over this problem with the jcc lights .   i would rather pay a bit more for a good brand for peace of mind. 

thanks again for all your help 

Thanks for all your help , i will look to fit the leds that can be changed without changing the whole fitting , i was hoping that someone would have had the same issue and could recommend a go to  reliable easy to fit  specific replacement  to get over this problem with the jcc lights .   i would rather pay a bit more for a good brand for peace of mind. 

thanks again for all your help 
maybe read all the posts again , especially the one immediately above this