Todays impossible job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Letting agent says can you go and look at this fan, it's a bit noisy. They sent a picture.

Screenshot_20210409-120213_Messenger.jpg

It's a big un.  Measures 350mm diameter on the bit you can see.

It's a ground floor flat.  When you unclip the grill you find the fan is fitted from above (i.e. the hole in the ceiling is smaller than the fan)  I assume it was put in from above when the old mill was being converted to flats.

I told the agent "I don't see a solution unless the flat above is willing to let you go and take the floor boards up."

It's a double layer plasterboard ceiling so presumably meant to be fireproof, but it has a dirty great hole in it for the fan.

It's rattling like a good un. The bearings are shot. No hope of fixing or replacing unless you can actually get it out.

It's so bad, the flat above has complained about the noise.

Off topic but.....have you tried the Fray Bentos vegetable balti pie??

ALDI seem to have cornered the market on them.  They are really good, but, I do have quite low standards

I popped into Aldi, they didn't stock them seemingly in my local one!

Edit: As an aside they're apparently baked in Moray in Scotland thus back to the start...must be a recirculating fan...

Last edited by a moderator:
I popped into Aldi, they didn't stock them seemingly in my local one!

Edit: As an aside they're apparently baked in Moray in Scotland thus back to the start...must be a recirculating fan...
In my case I save and reuse the tins ..........must be a recycling pan

eeeeeeyyyyyyy thaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkk yowwwwwwwwwwwwwww