Music studio wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeand

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to have a small music studio installed, there is currently no wiring in place. I was wondering if there any thoughts on whether a ring circuit or a radial circuit would be more susceptible to interference. As I am sure you know any interference will cause a hum on most recording equipment. I was also wondering if it is possible to install some kind of filter to clean any interference up.

It's usually earth loops which cause hum in my experience, but with so much equipment these days being class 2 that should be easier to avoid. I can't immediately think why ring or radial would be preferable.

It's usually earth loops which cause hum in my experience, but with so much equipment these days being class 2 that should be easier to avoid. I can't immediately think why ring or radial would be preferable.

can't think of any reason either would make a difference. Reckon start of ccts is where you would need some form of 'smoothing' gadget. 

HI, Thanks for that, I saw the mention of heating, is this a likely cause. I will probably looking at a heat pump but it would not be installed in the studio area.

Thans for the guidance so far.