Can anybody identify my alarm make?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mancrick101

Reaction score
Hi, I’m trying to identify the make of my alarm so that I can obtain a manual but there is no name on it whatsoever. It is quite old and is disconnected but I want to get it reconnected as we have recently been burgled.  Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks

Image 1

Image 2

Wow, that was quick!  Thank you so much. I was thinking it probably needs replacing, you’ve now confirmed that!  I’ve spent hours looking at the differences between the new style Yale and similar wireless alarms and the traditional wired systems like Texecom and Honeywell.  The traditionalist part of me thinks wired systems are probably a better bet, but I’m not sure. 

thanks again

As long as the existing wiring isn't physically damaged it can probably be re-used greatly reducing installation time. Do replace PIR sensors and door contacts though as well as the main units for reliability. 

Wow, that was quick!  Thank you so much. I was thinking it probably needs replacing, you’ve now confirmed that!  I’ve spent hours looking at the differences between the new style Yale and similar wireless alarms and the traditional wired systems like Texecom and Honeywell.  The traditionalist part of me thinks wired systems are probably a better bet, but I’m not sure. 

thanks again

If you are reasonably competent with a multi-meter, you should be able to prove if the physical sensor and bell box wiring is still ok...

Providing it is, (and preferably 6-core cable not 4-core), I would just get a new wired panel/sensors & bell box and upgrade your whole system with the existing wiring....

Wireless can have several limitations over wired systems..

Even though in specific circumstances a wireless bit of kit can be a very useful "get-out-of-Jail-free" card,   If wired is possible, that is the better option..

Not worth trying to resurrect that old panel...

as it will just be another source of potential faults, system failure, which can be avoided.

Guinness  

Providing it is, (and preferably 6-core cable not 4-core), I would just get a new wired panel/sensors & bell box and upgrade your whole system with the existing wiring....
Even if it is 4 core there are a few EOL wiring panels available that will do the job and it it is 6 core you could split down any multiple detector circuits while maintaining the circuit tamper