Identify Roof Rail Extrusion

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never seen that one before. Some times the panel clips ae marked with a makers name, bur even if they are, there was a lot fo Chinese and other makes of roof rails on the arket during the height of PV installations for which getting spare parts is nigh on impossible now. If your lucky, you may find someone clearing out spares on ebay. It's easier just to replace the lot with Renusol or Schletter gear. 

@binky , is there a rule of thumb for how many mounting brackets I need for solar thermal panels?

Rough plan is stainless brackets onto the rafters, then galv Unistrut, then the panels on that.

Cheers

Not familiar with thermal, but rafters tend to be 600mm spacing, and I usually fit to every other rafter. It's also governed by the strength of the rail, and how exposed your roof is to the wind. If you are putting those 3 panels in a straight row, I reckon 8 roof hooks would be about right. Use 6mm X 80 screws, 2per bracket, ideally mushroom head, or big penny washers

Not familiar with thermal, but rafters tend to be 600mm spacing, and I usually fit to every other rafter. It's also governed by the strength of the rail, and how exposed your roof is to the wind. If you are putting those 3 panels in a straight row, I reckon 8 roof hooks would be about right. Use 6mm X 80 screws, 2per bracket, ideally mushroom head, or big penny washers

Ta. Someone just gave me this Grant manual and a similar one which is handy:

Attachments

• grant-uk-solar-thermal-manual-doc73-rev04-april-20131.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 8