EICR offer on fleabay

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t believe they are allowed to use NiC paperwork or advertise that they do them under the guise of being NICEIC registered. 
they of course can do them as a stand alone entity ????  
But would this require them to use a different business name? 

I don’t believe they are allowed to use NiC paperwork or advertise that they do them under the guise of being NICEIC registered. 
they of course can do them as a stand alone entity ????  
But would this require them to use a different business name? 

I agree with you

BUT it seems the NICEIC are doing absolutely NOTHING about reminding their DI's about this

that is something they have been trying to separate out and charge us more money for.

You only need to be 'competent' to test anyway, unless someone has changed the law.

in bold - yes correct BUT I recall the NICEIC saying that only approved guys could do EICR's under their name 

BUT as this link demonstrates they will sell their forms to anyone:

https://www.shop.niceic.com/certificates/handwritten/electrical/domestic-electrical-condition-report-handwritten?f=04&f04=Green - Available to All&ipp=12

so that as clear as mud

Last edited by a moderator:
in bold - yes correct BUT I recall the NICEIC saying that only approved guys could do EICR's under their name 
 I think that as before Covid hit - I don't think they have had the time or inclination to enforce that idea during the pandemic. Next year may be different of course. 

I think that as before Covid hit - I don't think they have had the time or inclination to enforce that idea during the pandemic. Next year may be different of course. 
maybe if they stop selling the forms to and sundry that may send out a message

I’m off out shortly to re inspect a flat because the DI has deemed that all circuits need rcbo protection, so the LL has decided on balance to re inspect as it’s a 16th Ed install to see if my outcome is better!

BUT as this link demonstrates they will sell their forms to anyone:

https://www.shop.niceic.com/certificates/handwritten/electrical/domestic-electrical-condition-report-handwritten?f=04&f04=Green - Available to All&ipp=12

so that as clear as mud

Those forms do not have any NICEIC logos on them. Historically NICEIC have sold un-logoed "Green" forms that copy the model forms of BS7671 for many years. They are available to purchase by anyone, just as anyone has the right to produce their own forms based on the guidance of BS7671. The NICEIC logoed forms have two distinct colours for each of the schemes DI and AC.

Doc H.    

Well here's interesting isnt it!

View attachment 11403

are DIs covered for EICRs? Serious question as I think Deke said ELECSA wasnt covered

The same telephone number on Yell.Com appears to be a company called, Network Line Digital Arial Satellite installation and Service (London)

at a different address? Unit 7 Herbert St, London, E13 8BG   https://www.yell.com/biz/simarc-electricals-london-7748059/

But all the reviews seem to be from 2016 or earlier.

Doc H.

Those forms do not have any NICEIC logos on them. Historically NICEIC have sold un-logoed "Green" forms that copy the model forms of BS7671 for many years. They are available to purchase by anyone, just as anyone has the right to produce their own forms based on the guidance of BS7671. The NICEIC logoed forms have two distinct colours for each of the schemes DI and AC.

Doc H.    

but it does have NICEIC references on it 

but it does have NICEIC references on it 

Yes, but stating it is for contractors working outside the scope of their NICEIC registration...

Or for contractors who are not members of NICEIC or ELECSA.

Read the description,  "Available to All Contractors - NICEIC / Elecsa Registration Not Required".

BS7671 is still non-statutory, and membership of any trade body is still non-statutory at this point in time...

So basically.,.

Anyone who feels up to it can have a pop at doing EICR's!!!

Hence the current mish-mash of fly-by-nights..

:shakehead

Guinness

Yes, but stating it is for contractors working outside the scope of their NICEIC registration...

Or for contractors who are not members of NICEIC or ELECSA.

Read the description,  "Available to All Contractors - NICEIC / Elecsa Registration Not Required".

Anyone who feels up to it can have a pop at doing EICR's!!!

Hence the current mish-mash of fly-by-nights..

:shakehead

Guinness
but it does have the NICEIC name on it so people probably won’t look past the known name

and as for mish mash - I’ll post a very good example over the weekend 😂😂