Help! Door contact wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nassermughal

Reaction score
Afternoon guys I'm hoping someone can help me... I have recently had my kitchen redone and I removed the door contact. Before removing it I took a picture of the wires and where they went. I can't seem to locate the wires and now I'm lost. Anyone have an idea of where the wire should go. I can provide a picture if necessary?

I don't understand what you mean.

Do you mean the wire has been cut off, /removed, /hidden, and you want to know where it's destination would be to replace it?

basically, 2 cables will be power + and -, 2 will be contact, and 2 will be tamper loop. As others have suggested, look for another contact on a window or door for inspiration or find a younger tech savvy teenager to find the pic on your phone! good luck :)

Thanks for your help guys... I think that's what I'll have to do! Great advice never thought of doing that!

if you look in any of the other sensors for the alarm you should be able to work out at least some of the wires by the terminal markings. I suspect only 4 wires are in actual use at the door contact, 2 for the tamper loop, 2 for the contacts.

Latest posts