DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

4 gang double pole swich? do they exist?

jibspark

Question

hi all

can you get a 4 gang double switch?

after having a look at a customers house in regards to a fault i noticed a 4G switch controlling a cooker extraction hood, oven, and 2 other things kitchen related (cant remember what).

one of the problems they have is that the extraction hood made a loud bang and now doesnt work. im going back to investigate on saturday, but the thought has crossed my mind that the switches may just be 6a switches and the bang was the switch blowing internally.

just thought i would get a head start from you all before i go along on saturday. :D

I think that the switch modules in GET switches are removable.. so you could possibly get a 4 gang light switch and replace all the switches with DP switches??

Looks a bit neater than grid;)

I think that the switch modules in GET switches are removable.. so you could possibly get a 4 gang light switch and replace all the switches with DP switches??

Looks a bit neater than grid;)

SorryBlushingBlushingBlushingBlushingit's not GET,,, it's Click!!

A 6 amp switch should be ok for a cooker hood any way. There is probably a fault on the hood itself or may be a lamp has blown taking out a fuse in the unit itself.If there is an oven controlled by the switch they probably are 20a double pole.

I noticed a 4 gang switch in a newish house recently. It was obviously designed for kitchens , but I didn't recognise the make. It is made with the legends engraved on the dollys , Hob, extract , lights, etc ,Not MK...C/tree etc.

I noticed a 4 gang switch in a newish house recently. It was obviously designed for kitchens , but I didn't recognise the make. It is made with the legends engraved on the dollys , Hob, extract , lights, etc ,Not MK...C/tree etc.

thats sounds the same thing!

it was a grid but wasnt the problem. the problem turned out to be a tranny for a couple of elv lights.

i dont think them spare grid switches would have been much use for that!

i dont think them spare grid switches would have been much use for that!

very true! for the same job i had to find a problem with some lights in the kitchen, thought it is bound to be a tranny so bought one on my way there, turned ot to be a dimmer! live n learn!

youll soon find out what materials your going to use often and can keep a stock of them in the van

youll soon find out what materials your going to use often and can keep a stock of them in the van

yea im slowley buying a bit of stock to keep in the nav. just not the right stuff!! lol

if you need something, buy 2

A word of caution if you are going to wire multiple circuits into a single control box, as is listed here.

Make sure its well lablelled.

I have seen so many people isolate one circuit only to find other circuits present in one enclosure.

A word of caution if you are going to wire multiple circuits into a single control box, as is listed here.

I have seen so many people isolate one circuit only to find other circuits present in one enclosure.

it appeared all 4 switches were on the same circuit. they were just switching socket outlets for particular appliances where the sockets were almost inaccessible.

do you label the light switch on the stairs if you have 2 circuits in there?

Could be volex they do a grid range.

do you label the light switch on the stairs if you have 2 circuits in there?

There are quite a few people who think you have to do this, but all the regs ask for is a single point of isolation for circuits which share an enclosure... That'd be the main isolator then!!!

Of course if it's 3 phase then I'd put a 400v sticker on it!!

grid switch is probably the only way to go

and you can also get the, with 20A DP switches

grid switch is probably the only way to go

and you can also get the, with 20A DP switches

20A DP grid switches? ah thats what they must be then, might be worth me picking one up before i go round just incase it is the switch. cheers andy!

bit expensive to get a 4 way grid, just incase! there are many different makes, but its almost guaranteed to be MK.

bit expensive to get a 4 way grid, just incase! there are many different makes, but its almost guaranteed to be MK.

i was thinking about just one switch rather than the whole grid. havnt a clue how much they cost though! lol

around 20 pound with qvs... only 10a 2 way switching supplied my them...

Archived