4 gang double pole swich? do they exist?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
hi all

can you get a 4 gang double switch?

after having a look at a customers house in regards to a fault i noticed a 4G switch controlling a cooker extraction hood, oven, and 2 other things kitchen related (cant remember what).

one of the problems they have is that the extraction hood made a loud bang and now doesnt work. im going back to investigate on saturday, but the thought has crossed my mind that the switches may just be 6a switches and the bang was the switch blowing internally.

just thought i would get a head start from you all before i go along on saturday. :D

grid switch is probably the only way to goand you can also get the, with 20A DP switches
20A DP grid switches? ah thats what they must be then, might be worth me picking one up before i go round just incase it is the switch. cheers andy!

bit expensive to get a 4 way grid, just incase! there are many different makes, but its almost guaranteed to be MK.
i was thinking about just one switch rather than the whole grid. havnt a clue how much they cost though! lol

A 6 amp switch should be ok for a cooker hood any way. There is probably a fault on the hood itself or may be a lamp has blown taking out a fuse in the unit itself.If there is an oven controlled by the switch they probably are 20a double pole.

I noticed a 4 gang switch in a newish house recently. It was obviously designed for kitchens , but I didn't recognise the make. It is made with the legends engraved on the dollys , Hob, extract , lights, etc ,Not MK...C/tree etc.

I noticed a 4 gang switch in a newish house recently. It was obviously designed for kitchens , but I didn't recognise the make. It is made with the legends engraved on the dollys , Hob, extract , lights, etc ,Not MK...C/tree etc.
thats sounds the same thing!

Could be volex they do a grid range.