Help on BEST LASER Printer Please?...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
... Hi All,

I am after a new Laser Printer. Previously bought a Xerox Phaser 6110 Laser Printer, and I am not at all impressed with it. Cyan ink runs out well before the "Manufacturer states it would" as well as other problems.

Anyway, I need one that prints great quality colour, speed would be an advantage. As would a lot of other things.

I am looking at spending

i have a samsung CLX 2160 multi function printer, before that i had a CLP-300. very good printers, you can buy toner and chips on ebay and re-fill yourself. the printer only remembers the last few chips, so you dont always need to buy one, just cycle them. apart from emptying waste toner and topping up, its virtually maintenance free

you can probably get a CLP-300 for less than

Those printers that you mention, Andy. Do they come with a full set of Toners?

Looks like the newer version of the 300. looking on ebay, it uses a different toner system to the 300, so not sure about refilling them, but it should be possible

the 300 & 2160 come with a part full toner, still expect over 1000 pages from the black before it says it needs filled. it also has a system in place that detects when it really is empty, so if it says its empty, you can just change the chip and not fill unless its empty

I am leaning towards the "Samsung CLX-2160" - Cheapest from New, so far is

Thanks Andy - Your a star Mate. :)

Just read a Review on it - and that was a glowing one - Having said that - he has just come over from an InkJet.

:D

Thanks Andy - Your a star Mate. :) Just read a Review on it - and that was a glowing one - Having said that - he has just come over from an InkJet.

:D
you got very little chance of me going back to an inkjet! only ever used the inkjet when i needed colour before the colour lasers were available

little tip for those refilling it, to make the hole in the plastic, get a bit of 22mm copper pipe and heat with a bowtorch. press plastic cartridge against this to make your hole. 22mm give you plenty room to get the toner in, although some refil kits come with a proper nozzle on the bottle so you can get away with 15mm

The one that was 157.01 - Is disconntinued. :_|

I bought the proper tool for that (for my Xerox).

Turns out is a "Solder Iron" with a circular piece of metal screwed on the end - rather wonkily, I may add.

Getting annoyed now - Printers showing as a low price on the net - click on the link and it is nowhere near that price. X(

No Mate - The one in Swansea has Recently closed Down.

And besides - I haven't been there for so long, they have probably cancelled my card. :(

Hi Admin

Try ebuyer dont go for the paid delivery as the free is usually within three days,

Good returns policy.

I only use black lasers here at home never had to refill one yet,1300 about 6 years ols now.

Use a inkjet for colour.

Hp 1300

Hp1010

deskjet 930c will replace the inkjet eventually when i have sorted the study/playroom out.

Future project involving garage refurb.

look at dell some of there products, have a look at pc world (rip off) instore sometimes they have offers i saw a colour laser in there once it was a hp at

I'm looking for a laser printer now as fed up with cartridges.

Any recommendations please guys.

Looking for a colour laser. Scanner built in a bonus :)