Mike Oxlong

60a main fuse upgrade

Mike Oxlong

Evening All

Ive got a residential house on a 60a cut out fuse being changed to a 6 bed HMO with 6x 8.5kw en-suite showers.
Im am waiting for a quote from the DNO about upgrading the supply from 60-100a.

I am thinking of useing 2x 3way Garo non priority sub DB's for the showers to reduce the loading so only 2x showers can be run at any one time.

I am hopeing that the DNO cable is man enough and its only a case of changing the fuse.

If not then i may go plan B and getv a quote from the DNO for a 3ph supply and do away with the 2x Garo boards.

Any one got examples of cost differences between 1ph and 3ph cable upgrades ?
Im assuming it would then be a 3ph x 100a supply or do they do a 3ph x 60a ?

Any good ideas/tips or advice very welcome

Much love

Mike

Sharpend

What is the project time on this conversion? It usually takes a min of 12 weeks for arrangement of the change of supply? 
not sure independent persons will like being told when they can and can’t take a shower based on A N Others use of shower? This setup works in a large house of singular family but in a HMO? Of course this will depend upon the choice of persons living in it? 

kerching

Single phase upgrade will cost whatever they want to charge and also take as long as they want it to take

3 phase upgrade?.....a lot more expensive and takes longer