DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Outside Lights!!!!!!!

hoppy

Question

Hi, I am installing 2 outside lights, the customer wants the two lights linked, so eithern PIR turns both lights on. I know I have to check if the PIRS can work together.

I am trying to get my head around how to wire them, as all of the outside lights i have wired in the past only have a live, neutral & earth terminal. Surely a 4th terminal would be needed for a switch live, so i could have a loop terminal.

Could someone advise me on how they would do it, I have a few ideas but would like some experienced advice. Pray

Thanks Guys

Craig

5 answers to this question

youll find in just about every light fitting, there are 4 terminals, the 4th where the sw. live from PIR connects to live to lamp. wire 3core flex to light 1, and 4 core flex to light 2, and connec the sw. lives together

if u are using one PIR and two lights, wire the PIR up as normal to one light, and install a link to the next light...

job done.......

youll find in just about every light fitting, there are 4 terminals, the 4th where the sw. live from PIR connects to live to lamp. wire 3core flex to light 1, and 4 core flex to light 2, and connec the sw. lives together

I would disagree with this a lot of the cheap pir lights do not have the swl connection.

Batty

I would disagree with this a lot of the cheap pir lights do not have the swl connection.

Batty

all the ones i fit do

If they don`t "offer" one, just splice into the unbroked wire between the pir & switch - that`s sw. live.

QED.

See guys - you DO need me

Archived