S plan wiring control system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabnet

Reaction score
I want to increase the size of the heating valve to 11/4 but the wiring on these actuators are different to the 28mm Honeywell actuators.

Does anyone know of a 11/4 valve which is compatible or what what would’ve needed to make it compatible for use in an s plan system

Thanks

Is there a specific reason you want to increase valve? Do you have a make and model for reference? 
What is wrong with the existing? Why not just replace like for like? Are you not just creating issues for yourself? 

Hi

thanks for your reply

the reason I want to increase the  valve size is that I need to increase the flow rate as I want to add additional rads.

I have sourced an 11/4 valve manufactured by

emmeti valve model is modular plus 1.5 but not sure if this is s plan compatible and if it is what mods do I need to do in the junction box

Well unless the property is huge, in which case it is usually divided up differently, I have never known increasing size of pipes and valves to achieve better heating in a domestic setup - commercial  and industrial aside.

I would be thinking the max bore of the pipe coming out of the boiler and through the pump would be more critical factors.. ??

(and the speed of the pump)

This is a new one on me, I'd like to know how this was arrived at, as a good idea? Who recommended it as a way to go, to improve things?

An 'S' plan valve is just a straight forward two port, on or off, so the compatibility shouldn't be an issue if it's like for like. L - N - E & Sw L basically.

But the Kerching reasoning is where it falls down as an idea IMO 👍

I'd also say that a modern pressurised system should be able to take quite a few additional rads without changing pipe bore size.

So in the wet head world that would be connect radiators to the hot water pipes? No

point connecting to cold pipes. 
thus increasing pipe space for flow? 

I bet they’ve read our forum when it’s been suggestion you double up cores to meet CSA required.