DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

temporary 110v supply

BAYEUX

Question

evening guys, part or the course i'm doing needs me to install a temporary 110v supply in a new build, thats the senario i've been given, earthing is TN-CS, thought i'd ask you clever lot first so i can get a head start and suprise my tutor if he's lucky i'll even take him an apple

5 answers to this question

Not knowing how many trades are to use the supply, I avoid size of tranny. So basically just connect a ttransformer to the mains, keep the 240v to a minimum, run cable from tranny to bank or banks of 110v sockets.

maybe supply a few 230V sockets for the transformers. most people with 110v gear have their own transformer

evening guys, part or the course i'm doing needs me to install a temporary 110v supply in a new build, thats the senario i've been given, earthing is TN-CS, thought i'd ask you clever lot first so i can get a head start and suprise my tutor if he's lucky i'll even take him an apple

i think you will find this will be a socket from a 16a mcb. nothing to worrie about.

also, another point on this, you may want to ditch the TNCS earth and use a temporary TT

Archived