Car Insurance Companys just love to wind me up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono Pashley

Reaction score
/rant

Lloyds TSB sent my renewal through at start of july, price looked well over the odds so i looked around and found a much better deal, rang TSB to see if they could beat it to which they didnt seem interested at all. This was at the start of the month, on the 13th i sent TSB a letter via first class mail telling them i did not wish to renew with them and the reasons why.

Insurance ran out last thursday and i started my new policy with Zurich. Saturday morning sorting the junk mail id received out i get a letter from TSB stating how pleased they are ive chosen to renew with them, great so now i get to spend my monday stopping them from overdrawing my account! Thought telling them on the phone they were overpriced and id go elsewhere plus sending a letter would have been enough. Then again they did lose my no claims certs last year and after talking to a mate seems they lost his too.

/rant over

yeah, always pay for car insurance monthly, never up front. I've had bad experiences with them before. Had a minor bump in the first month of being insured, had payed 900quid up front for the year. After the lad had claimed off me, my insurers then said my no claims wasn't valid as it was a 10month scheme with bell (which gives a years ncb), and that I had to pay an extra 500quid. I obviously told them to stick it where the sun don't shine and i'll cancel and go elsewhere, expecting a part refund as said on the phone. This never came as I had had a claim and if i wanted to re-instate my insurance it would be 1400quid again. Absolute joke.

Blocked any transfer from my account and had their customer services cancel the policy today.

If anyone is looking for cheap insurance i recommend trying Zurich-Connect they guarantee to beat any quote, and give a decent policy to boot saved me nearly hundred quid on what i would of had to pay TSB.

I got a good deal with More than Business. I have a Kangoo and it only costs me

Before the 'Net' - I used to phone all the FREEPHONE Numbers, Then the ones that I had to pay for.

Now with the Net, I used to Manually check each individual Insurance Website.

Now, I check the "Comparison Websites" and if I am still not happy - I will trawl through them manually.

**Tip** When You get a cheap quote from a compaison website - whatever company shows as the cheapest - go to their webiste STRAIGHTAWAY, and do a check there -You'd be suprised how much cheaper it can be as they don't have to pay the "Comparison Site" any commission.

Look for the obvious - such as, Compulsory Excess, Whether you get a replacement vehicle, and also check that that replacement vehicle is like for like with yours. I mean, if you have a Mercedes Sprinter because you need a lrage van, it will be no good to you having a "Kangoo" van as a replacement while yours is off of the road.

There are so many things to be careful about. (As you are all aware).

Latest posts