•  

Countdown To Christmas!

drills....

matt.leung

Question

matt.leung

22 answers to this question

ianmacd
i have a 12V dewalt drill/driver and 36v bosch (as your first link). rarely have any situations the 2 of them cant do the job

Agreed. I have a 18V Lion DeWalt driver (replaced my 14.4v DeWalt) and a 24V Dewalt SDS that I use for masonary drilling.

Anything bigger than 16mm or more than light chipping, I break out the 110V dewalt hammer.

I would not use a cordless for any real chipping though.

Ian.

Jono Pashley

Depends what you want it to do really, before we can answer properly!

Apache

3 fairly different drills there. What do you want it for?

The Ryobi might do you as a second drill. They are good value but maybe not upto every day use. The One+ system is very versatile with a load of tools taking the same battery (and backwards compatable with Lion).

There's nowt wrong with any of them but I'd say they were all for slightly different jobs IMO!

jl-heating

none of them ...

get the bosch 36 volt with rotary stop for chiseling + 2 x 2.6 mAh batteries.not the 1.3.

bosch 10 volt are awesome ...

these will put a 4 inch 10 screw into a joist and no problem at all.

i have a 18volt cordless drill but its never out of its box these 2 will do anyting i need them to do and fast . :)

Andy™

i have the bosch 36v sds. very good drill, lightweight and has no problem with 25mm drill bits through walls etc.

i have used the makita in your second link, good drill, but completely different use to first.

also used the 10v driver as suggested by JL - compact and will have no problems with larger screws, and battery lasts a while. but i like my 12v cordless since its got a keyless chuck and can be used with many other drill bits etc

Apache
screwfix do the 10v dual kit for

matt.leung

i need a good drill of general use, first and second fix

Andy™

i have a 12V dewalt drill/driver and 36v bosch (as your first link). rarely have any situations the 2 of them cant do the job

Apache
i need a good drill of general use, first and second fix

I'm a DIYer/woodworker and I have 4 corded and 3/4 cordless drills! Blushing

you want a heavy SDS for the heavier 1sy fix but something lighter for 2nd fix

1 drill won't do both

matt.leung

can anyone recommend a good cordless SDS drill ???

Andy™
p4765731_l.jpg

Apache
can anyone recommend a good cordless SDS drill ???

How often do you see yourself needing cordless SDS? What about saving money on a corded and putting the saving to a good cordless for 2nd fix?

matt.leung
How often do you see yourself needing cordless SDS? What about saving money on a corded and putting the saving to a good cordless for 2nd fix?

thats a good point... but then do i go 110v or 230v...

Apache

do you think you may ever need to work on site? If so go 110V but you have a heavy tranny to carry about

If domestic go 230V and plug into the nearest socket

Andy™

there was the same question the other day. if you want to use it on site, best get 110v. if its domestic only, go for 230v. maybe in future get one of each, but for now, a 110v may be best. just awkward having to carry transformer into house (and i can guarantee your going to use the extension on the 230V side!)

Archived