Circuit sticker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traineeboy

Reaction score
Hi chaps just wondering if you could clarify the following …..

If you have added a new circuit to a board when it comes to the sticker you put on/near the board with all the information I.e …. 

Circuit number 

Type of wiring 

Number of points served 

Conductor size

Max disconnect etc 

As I would of just installed one circuit and not the rest I gather that I just put used in the other spaces and just fill in the information that just corresponds to the circuit I have installed ? Surely I don’t have to fill all the other circuit details in that I haven’t tested or worked on and that are nothing to do with me.

Your responsibility is to provide an EIC covering all your work and if in England or Wales then a Part P compliance certificate too

On your EIC, I use "used" for populated circuit breakers and "spare" for unused circuit breakers or spaces

As for the fuseboard - then add a label with the most appropriate description OR get out your label printer and make a special one.

Hi chaps just wondering if you could clarify the following …..

If you have added a new circuit to a board when it comes to the sticker you put on/near the board with all the information I.e …. 

Circuit number 

Type of wiring 

Number of points served 

Conductor size

Max disconnect etc 

As I would of just installed one circuit and not the rest I gather that I just put used in the other spaces and just fill in the information that just corresponds to the circuit I have installed ? Surely I don’t have to fill all the other circuit details in that I haven’t tested or worked on and that are nothing to do with me.
if the board didn’t previously have one then you are not obliged to complete any type of paperwork that you have not been responsible for working on. 

however as most of the information on those labels is just that, information then you could choose to complete what detail is obvious to you. Personally I see these labels as a one time only thing. After all who knows if anyone actually updates them when adding a socket here or there for example?