FLIR?.....any users out there?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got an older TG165. resolutions isnt great compared to some more expensive models but it will show hot spots etc, found many issues on EICRs etc that would otherwise not have been spotted until they failed

Nephew has a FLIR C2 (he's a self employed server engineer). He likes it.

Certainly showed the battens in my bathroom where the Celotex is between them... 😂

I have had a Flir C2 for about 3 - 4 years now that does everything I need but I think Flir have discontinued it now although there are newer models

The thermal imaging kit even at the entry level certainly adds a new dimension to fault finding and any reports that are needed

Looking at maybe getting a Thermal Maging camera

Is the FLIR TG165-X MSX Thermal Camera any good or is it just a toy.?

likewise the Megger TC3231 Thermal Camera

anybody got any experience of them?......probably the cheapest in their respective ranges. Just thought it could be handy for EICRs
I've got the  Flir TG267 - a really nice bit of kit that can still (sort-of ) pay for itself .   

Much higher resolution (160x120 thermal) than the cheaper ones (e.g  the TG165 is 60x60 on thermal)  and apart from bad connections it's very good at finding heating pipes etc before the drill / multi-tool  does 

FLIR1000142.jpeg

Hi,

I have been a 12 year so far thermographer with ITC certificates. I have used a number of instruments including the Gas Detection camera. I have used an Agema IR camera A540, A FLIR A325 and am currently on a T640.

If I can be of help, let me know...

Me being the fluke aficionado that I am

I have a Fluke TIS 65, but it's been discontinued.