Hello everybody from Revved Up Sparky

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revved Up Sparky

Reaction score
Greetings everybody, I discovered this site by accident on a Google search but I am really pleased to connect with you all (pardon the pun).

My name is Tim, aged 39 and I have been a qualified electrician for 18 years. I have recently returned to the contracting industry after four years out of it, part of that time spent as a maintenance spark in an aluminium smelter.

As well as being a qualified spark, I am also an ordained church minister (hence the username) but I still work full-time as a spark and get involved with church activities on a part-time basis.

I left my native North Wales in 2006 to live on the Isle of Man where I presently work as a spark. There is a shortage of tradesmen here so it is not difficult to get a job, although living costs are high despite the tax breaks.

Anyway that's a snippet about me. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Best Regards

Tim

welcome m8 ,, packing my bags as we speak sounds great out there ..

Welcome Pray

I hope you find your stay here just as comfortable as Zechariah 1:13

Only we are not angels

:p

Welcome to the forum Tim.

Good to have you onboard. :)

Hello Tim welcome to the forum. That must have been hot in that smelter but I am glad you survived. Batty
Thanks Batty, that working environment was the hardest ever !. I had to wear flame resistant long johns and shirt underneath another fairly thick flame retardant uniform plus wear a face mask, helmet, gloves etc etc so in the middle of summer (a proper summer that is) working near pots containing 1000C molten metal was pretty hard going but having said that the wages were very very good and we were allowed to take quite a lot of breaks to rehydrate.

Latest posts