plastic water main and bonding.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
I have been wiring up a little shop and they have put in a plastic water feed.

I ran a 10mm bonding to it, just to be sure, but wanted to check with you lot.

Not sure if they are going to continue the whole installation in plastic or not.

I know common sense says if the whole thing is plastic no need to bond, but if the plumb in copper from the plastic main then bonding would be needed?

Can some one shed some light?

Thanks

plastic to stop tap. copper to property it req a bond.

i always bond or park a bond even if all plastic.. future proof

that was my feeling also, wanted to cover my arse, would be a right pig to run it after its been plastered

many thanks

every one works different so other opinions will be here soon.. but as you say better now than later.

Ah I see what you mean , there is only the incoming main at the moment. So I guess without knowing what the plumber is going to do , you would have to run the cable. Some plumbers don't like plastic and stick with copper.

On the new house I did recently all was plastic apart from pipes in airing cupboard and gas. I was told it is not needed to bond these so I only did gas.

Batty

There is now no requirement to bond water if all service pipes are in plastic.

However on first fix, without any knowledge of what the plumber will fit I always run a 10mm to the water.

If its used great, if its not well the client has paid for it not me.

The fact that you have run one in there is just good practice, and covering your delicate bum.

i am slightly worried by his remark .. ????? "cover your delicate bum "???

backs to the walls boys !