Fire Alarm - Certification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
can i just confirm that installing a fire alarm in a domestic property would come under a minor work certificate, as i will be taking the power from a non RCD protected lighting circuit.

Because it is a fire alarm i just wanted check the certification...

can i just confirm that installing a fire alarm in a domestic property would come under a minor work certificate, as i will be taking the power from a non RCD protected lighting circuit. Because it is a fire alarm i just wanted check the certification...
MWC or Minor Works Certifcate sounds good to me :D

BS 5873 or the equivalent ISO whatever

Says the fire alarm should have its own dedicated supply!

BS 5873 or the equivalent ISO whateverSays the fire alarm should have its own dedicated supply!
and in homes its common practice to use a lighting circuit. if your lights go off, you get them repaired quickly. if its the alarm circuit, it may go unnoticed

and in homes its common practice to use a lighting circuit. if your lights go off, you get them repaired quickly. if its the alarm circuit, it may go unnoticed
but if battery backed up then it would start bleeping ;) plus the lights wouldnt be steady on lit :p :coat

Latest posts